October 09, 2007

Fwd: Intervie Request

I have a job. YA!

This is the e-mail that I got for the interview of my new said job. Yaaaa! *grin*... Now
I feel happy. Now my training starts. I'm doing inventory for a newish start up. They
have been at it for over a year and it seems to be going quite well.

He says that training on the software is 3 months, and I get paid $10-$12 an hour. Right
now it's only 3 days with about 6 hours each day.

His only concern about me was my age. It's starting to try to work against me. He thought
that I may be too old to work for just $10-$12 an hour and it seemed to bother him more
than me because he made it sound like he would be somewhat willing to increase my pay if
I proved I deserved it down the line. I don't care if I get an increase or not. I'm just
happy I have a job. But with only working 3 days, I think I can do another part time job
to fill in the gaps so I can really pay for a bill or two around here, and not just pay
for my metro card and have clothes washing money.

It will have to be for less then a year since I will be starting some thing of that looks
abit like college starting next year September.

Oh… check out their/our website. I will officially be adding it to my website tomorrow,
if not tonight.

I think that I'm going to wear my new black shirt and my new green long skirt. I have to
buy clothes too.

See ya.


--- Carl J Manni wrote:

 From: "Carl J Manni"
 Subject: Intervie Request
 Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 14:09:18 -0400
 
 Jhoy:
 
 I'd like to interview you for the job at Linda's.
 
 Attached is our website
 
 
 Www.lindasonline.com
 
 Here our address (use the one on Jay Street)
 http://www.lindasonline.com/aboutlinda.php?article_id=15
 
 
When are you available to interview? I am here basically all the time.
 
 
 Thanks,
 Carl Manni
 
                       ----------------------------------------
 
 From: Jhoy E. Meade
 Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 6:12 PM
 To: job-xxxxxxxxxx@craigslist.org
 Subject: Inventory Staff for Women's Apparel Retailer
 
 
 
 Jhoy E. Meade
 993 Carroll St A6
 Brooklyn, New York, 11225
 October 3, 2007
 
 
 
 To Whom It May Concern.
 
 I'm looking to fill the part time job that you advertised for your
 establishment. I will be starting college next year, and I will be pursuing
 a double major of architecture and computer graphics.
 
 I am very people friendly, and I find working with the general public or a
 large client base enjoyable. I'm very familiar with a number of computer
 systems as my resume can attest to. I also type between 40 and 47 wpm with
 95 percent accuracy.
 
 My professional references are from abroad as I've just recently moved to
the USA. I have included four references of persons who have known me for
 over 5 years personally and professionally.
 
 I believe that working with you will be of benefit to both of us.
 
 Thank you for taking the time to read this letter and the enclosed resume.
 
 
 
 Yours Truly,
 Jhoy E. Meade.
 
 
================================================

Not a bad cover letter ha? :)

=================================================

=======================
http://jhoye.blogspot.com


- There I share my life.
- There I have links to what use to be my life.
- There you can find out what I might want out of life.

2 comments:

  1. Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This way kinda works, but if you are for real about wanting to hire me for something you, providing you come back to see my answer, you can reach me at jhoy77@icqmail.com . That is one of my lesser used accounts. Leave a note here that you are sending me or sent me an email and go check it.

    Does that work for you?

    ReplyDelete