October 16, 2007

The Last Few Days

Today, I should say Monday was the forth day on the job. I worked two days in a row, withone being over 8 hours long and that was the first of the two days in a row. And it just had to be on a Sunday when the two train wasn't really running in Brooklyn and I had totake the bus part of the way between two train stops.

Sunday was inventory day. It wasn't so bad. We got hung up on two things. One made us rescan a set of items 3 times, or we would have been further along when my boss showed up. He really is there all the time. Either which way. Inventory is more then just scanning everything we have and having it match up with what we are suppose to have,which didn't happen for most of them by the way, but also to then see what was missing from the store and sending them what we now knew we had in stock. I was suppose to be there at 12pm, but the other girl was running late and wouldn't get there until 1pm. I didn't find out until I called in to say that I was running late because of the train and such. So I made a small detour and then went in around 12:30, I get there about 15 mins before the other girl showed up and opens the door. I was happy that it wasn't the key to the whole building she had, or I would have been one cold and miserable little girl. I didn't leave until 10pm that night, and that was just because I wanted to get home before midnight. I made it with 30 mins to spear. The other girl stayed for another hour, finishing up the little bit that we had left of what we started. Oh, the boss left around 9pm.

Today I went back to doing what I did on Friday and Wednesday, but for some reason, I couldn't remember which screens to find the functions in. I mostly work in three screens that have like 20 functions in each. Did I say anything about it not being made very well? I was a complete blank on where to find some things. But once I was there, I knew what to do. I just need some more time at it. But since it sounds like I'm getting along ok, my boss says, I will have 5 more days with the girl, then I'm coming in on my days, and doing it mostly on my own. Someone will be there if I need help with something, but I have to start doing it on my own soon. I just wish the software was better.

I got paid today for today and the last two days. He keeps asking me if I have lunch money or lunch, and when I say no, he feels bad. So this will be it until I get paid, paid. Or I won't have much of a paycheck to get. *grin*

I worked for about 5 hours, and not long after I got home I crashed. I was still tried from the day before, and thanks to everyone in the house coming through that bedroom for something and constantly waking me up, and having to wake my mom up 3am, I didn't have a good sleep at all.

I'm ok with the working by myself part. I need to do that before I start relying on other people to do stuff for me. Then when I know what to do, I can work on getting faster. I can't get much faster at inventory, but that I'm not really doing by myself it seems.
(rehashing I know)

I was planning on sleeping in late tomorrow, but since I crashed, I think that I can get up a bit earlier then normal and get my check cashed, open my new bank account, then get back here in time to give Jhodie my metro card so she can go to work without having to walk it.

Well I have go wake up my mom.
Night.


=======================
http://jhoye.blogspot.com


- There I share my life.
- There I have links to what use to be my life.
- There you can find out what I might want out of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment