January 10, 2008

Fwd: jhoy has sent you a recipe

I have never understood why people don't like to eat tomatoes. It's a complete puzzle to me.

But this looks like a great dish. Just give it a try.

========================================

Baked Tomatoes with Crusty Bread

You can view the complete recipe online at: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/241195
BAKED TOMATOES WITH CRUSTY BREAD
3 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes in juice
3/4 stick unsalted butter, divided
2 medium onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar, or to taste
8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices good-quality white sandwich bread such as a pullman loaf

Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in middle. Butter a 3-quart baking dish (about 13 by 9 by 2 inches).
Drain tomatoes, reserving 1 cup juice, then chop.
Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a 5- to 6-quart heavy pot over medium-high heat until foam subsides, then cook onions with 1/2 teaspoon salt, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, allspice, and cloves and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
Stir in tomatoes with reserved juice, thyme, brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and briskly simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt remaining 1/2 stick butter and brush onto both sides of bread. Halve each slice.
Transfer tomato mixture to baking dish and top with bread, overlapping slightly. Bake until bubbling and bread is crisp and golden-brown, about 20 minutes.

Gourmet
January 2008
Edna Lewis
2007-12-07 14:15:28.0

===========================================

As for me, I didn't need that much courage the other day. It seems like there is something up with the extension to the HR department at the real estate place. Either which way, my mom called up the front desk and from there I was transfered to the right place.

I asked my questions, and I did find out a few things.One, I have to pay $40 for a book that I will be needing for the classes, and then there is $15 for the state exam. I will be paid every week on Friday for every "deal" that was closed by that time that I gave a showing for and a few other things.

So once mom gives me the $40, I'm off to start classes this Monday. Classes are from Monday to Saturday.

Today, but more like tonight, we went to get some work clothes. We spent more than I wanted, but we got some good tops and got to go to NJ.

We came home to a nice dinner that we made before we left. Coconut dumplings and salt fish with some pumpkin, bread fruit and dashen I think.

My mom wants me to go to church for my birthday. I don't want to, but that doesn't mean that I can tell her no. At least she made me a fruit cake for my birthday. She had to go out to get some red wind to pure over it this afternoon. She thought that the price was rather good for the big bottle she got. It's really cake wine. But not the one marked cake wine. The one is in the kinda square bottle with the Jewish writing on it.

Well that's it. I'm uploading some AMV's, then I'm going to check on some wallpaper that I uploaded to deviant art to see if I got any comments, then I'll go dig up a story to read before I have to wake up my mom in like two hours for work.

Night.
 

=======================
http://jhoye.blogspot.com

- There I share my life.

- There I have links to what use to be my life.

- There you can find out what I might want out of life.


Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment