January 02, 2008

Fish & Nuts can't be against your diet.

Unless of course you are allergic. If you aren't, try this one out.

=======================================

SAUTEED TROUT WITH PECANS

4 trout fillets with skin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, divided
3/4 cup pecans, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup chopped parsley

Pat fillets dry and rub flesh sides with cayenne, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (total). Dredge in flour.

Heat 1/2 stick butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until foam subsides, then cook trout, skin side down, until skin is golden-brown, about 4 minutes. Turn fish over and cook until just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate with a slotted spatula and keep warm, loosely covered with foil.

Pour off butter from skillet and wipe clean, then cook pecans with remaining 3/4 stick butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and parsley and spoon over trout.

============================================

How was my new years you ask?

Everyone was home. Mom is back, and we by chance we all saw the ball drop in the same room. A few of my friends called me up to wish me a happy new year. Ok, one called me up, and a few others just texted me. I wasn't expecting the call at all. I talked to him once this year, and he called me up. It was such a shock that I left two voice mails for him. God Bless him for being so sweet.

My sister changed our phone plan to save about $30 or so, and she got a new, different phone too.

We went down earlier that day to touch a few phones at the T-Mobile store to see which ones we liked and we both decided to get the same phone since it was one of the few that was turned on for us to test out. But we had to buy them on line. So Jhodie called up T-Mobile, changed the plan which got rid of our fave 5 and we were left with the 1500 what ever mins I think, and texting. She then moved on to getting her colour of the phone. I think she was set to to get the black and I was going to get the purple one.

Nokia 5300 XpressMusic

We picked it for a few reasons. Well, one really. It can play music! It comes with a 1gig card. So we both would have our own music and we wouldn't have to see who would get the mp3 player on some days when both of us were going out, and then jump over the other person's music when we were out with it.

I am not getting one, at least not for free. Jhodie can get her's for free because she got the hand down phone that came with the original plan that our brother had. He had built up almost two years, so he was set to get a phone upgrade for free from them, and that is what she got. There were like 6 or so phones that she could have gotten for free, and a bunch others that were really reduced in price.

Then Jhodie and the CS person from T-Mobile tried to get me one, but no dice. If I wanted it, I would have to pay $50 for it. So I'm "stuck" with my razr. Which isn't so bad. I was just looking forward to getting the new one. I don't hate my phone, but it does look empty now that the fave 5 thing is gone. So now I had to get some wallpapers that actually put something on my screen unlike the ones I posted before that more or less left a nice clean space to not mess up the viewing of my fave 5 but still made it look nice.

Currently I have this as my wallpaper. Get this. When my mom say it after my fave 5 was taken away, she asked if this was what the phone company put on my phone now. I laughed.

ny

I had to go get this off my phone just now. When I make the wallpapers, they get sent right to my phone. So I made a back up of all of them just now. I forgot that I made a few of them. I have like 5 or so new ones.

Today it was really cold, and tomorrow it's suppose to so get colder. There was some snow near the start of the day, but I didn't see any when I looked outside.

Just found out why I'm wearing pants inside the house. It's 19 degrees out.

Well night. I'm going to try and get a bit warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment