January 06, 2008

A Small Twist On The Job Interview.

Well I got there on time, and it was easy to find. There was just one problem. The job that I came for wasn't available any more. Three of us went to have the interview together because we all came for an office job and they told us that those positions were already filled. The openings that they had left were for rental agents. Once again the jobs have been switched on me at a real estate office. The girl that was taken into the interview with me and a guy said no off the bat. She just finished college to be an admin assist. So she walked out, and the guy and I stuck around to hear them out.

First off, you are paid by commission. It's real estate after all. I have to get a real estate licence, which they will pay for you to take the classes and such. If everything goes well, in about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks you will have your licence. Meaning I past both exams. The one at the school and the one for the state. During that week, I will also be in training at the office to see how things are done there, and go out on appointments and see how to show apartments.

Once that is over with, I will have about two things to do. One is advertise apartments that we have for rent, and make appoints to show off apartments that we have to rent. I was told that your own phone would be given as a contact number for anyone trying to make an appointment, and it's that number that you will post along with the rentals that you will be advertising. And that's it. So it looks like I will be getting a second phone. I don't have to meet with land loads, or draw up leases or any of that stuff. I just show apartments and if they decided to rent the place I showed them, then I pass them on to someone else, and if that goes thought, then I get a cut along with anyone else who worked on making that happen. To up the chance of getting at least one sale a week, which I should be able more than able to do according to them, I should make no less then 5 appointments for each day. I can have more, but a minimal of 5 per day. I also have to be at my "desk" from 10am until 1pm at the office. I am to advertise and make appointments during this time. The rest of my day I should be out showing rentals and keeping appointments. I don't think that it will be all that busy the first week or so.

I don't know yet if I get paid per week, every two weeks or as each job is landed. I will find out when I start. Yes, I'm really thinking of doing this. In my cover letter, I say that I'm willing to try new things in order to get a job, well this is new, and it's a job. If I can't do the job after trying for a while, then at least I would a licence. Who knows, I hang in long enough I may be able to get switched to a desk job. So I'll call them on Monday and find out what I need to find out, and mom can get me that week metro pass.

In other news. Jhodie got her phone on Friday. It seemed like it came soon, but it took 4 days. It came with music on it, and she was asking me how to do stuff, when on the the third time it hit me to tell her. Read the manual that was sitting on her lap. Gees. She seem to like some of the songs that came on it. I know that she's charged it, but I don't know if she's added any of her music onto it yet. Jhodie has an interview for tomorrow. I don't know what for, but she will be leaving around the same time Ms Brown shows up. She is coming back for a few days. I know that she is coming for a funeral on Sunday, and I can understand her staying to the leave the next day, but why the extra day?

Oh, here's something funny. I told you about Phillys hot combed my hair right? Well it stayed, and mom touched it up before I had to leave for the interview, and I even got a slight curl going on the ends. Well I got mom's long coat, and it has the nice fake black fur at the top and around the hood. Well I was walking to catch a bus home after the interview, and first there was this trucker who stopped a bit far out cutting off the walk way. I almost started to walk across but I was too late, so I stayed put. He looked over at the light, and then looked down at me and smiled at me to walk across. I smiled back up at him and shock my head no and just waited as the lights changed and he drove off and I was thinking that he could be nice. Then this guy on a bike, went by me, said all the nice things like "hello cutie" and so on. He then stopped his bike, came back and said that I was so pretty that he had to come back and give me his number. I just smiled. I didn't see him when he was coming the first time. I was smiling about the guy in the truck I'm sure. I took the card from him with a smile, and walked across the street laughing. He asked for my number as I started to walk off, I just kept on walking. It was funny. Shame he wasn't a white guy. I might have called him. Someone did a double take when looking at me and came back to say something. Never do I remember that ever happening to me.

Well it's almost time for mom to wake up. I have to go take out the trash out of the trash bin and put a new bag in. Yesterday I stayed in bed because I had nothing to do. They then waited until I woke up to tell me to take out the trash. What about them? I do hate the fact that mom is going to take it out. They did nothing until mom came back. They shouldn't worry about me and sleeping. Since I'm starting this job I won't be doing that much sleeping in anymore. Oh, I do get two days off, I just don't know what two days yet. I think she said that I get to choose. Mom would love me to take off Saturday, but that's day I could get a "sale" since that will be a day set aside but a good number of people to go apartment shopping. I'll see.

Well night.

No comments:

Post a Comment