May 29, 2006

Meeting Ayo

I know that I’m late, but it’s not from the complete lack of trying.

Monday.

Well I got up, ironed my new outfit and went out. I got the bus stop and stood there thinking of where I was going to go.

I had to go to town and get my resume printed out along with the things from HP, and to have a bunch of stuff Xeroxed. I also had Ayo to go and see and find out if wasted last week with Labour and the telemarketing thing.

I decided to go to Ayo first. I held my coat over my arm until I got to the school to cut down on the wrinkles. I got there and then I had to find out which building held the LRC. Turns out it was the same building that held most LRCs I’m learning. The Library.

I walked in the library to find Mr. Coffee writing up something. Mr. Coffee, use to be the director of the library over at the vet school like 6 years ago. So that means that I worked with him for the first 2 years I worked at the vet school.

Well I have good timing it turns out. That day was his last day. He wanted to talk and to talk with me, but I finally had pull away and go see Ayo, since they called down to let him know that I was coming and the place wasn’t that big to keep for that long. So I told him that I would be back after I talked with Ayo.

I walked over and I walked towards the desk for the LRC and it took me a while to realize that it was Roosevelt. I really haven’t seen him in a while. I of course stopped and talked with him for about 5 or so mins. It’s from him that I found out that they have been trying to get in contact with me since the afternoon I was fired. That I didn’t expect. They may even have known before me for all I know. I knew that he didn’t reconsider anything. Either which way, Roosevelt would be happy to have me working with him again, and he did say that so I could take care of the teachers mostly. So I then went in and talked to Ayo. At first I didn’t think that he was there, I passed and office and just thought that it was his, but it was Roosevelt’s. So I walked over and Ayo let me his office.

I sat down as he finished his phone call. Then he turned to me and asked what I did to my brother Ron. That’s how he talks. Everyone is related as far as he is considered. He has his kids calling me Aunty Jhoy. So I told him what happened. I backed up my hard drive to and external drive, as it was crashing to save my data, and a week later I took stuff off the external drive and left it plugged into the computer. Ron had to get something off the drive, and looked into the folder with my name on it, saw what he saw, and decided that he didn’t want it on his network and that it was a firing offence, and called me Monday afternoon to let me know that I was being let go. I argued my point that I didn’t copy it to any of the computers, and that wasn’t there for sharing, and that he knew that I backing up my hard drive because it was crashing. He pretended to go think about it, but when he called me back you could hear it in how it said it, he didn’t really think about it. He just hung up, looked over what I said in his head for about 5 mins, then he started deleting things, closing my account, and contacting human resourse for my final paycheck and what not.

That last part I didn’t tell Ayo, and he asked me if that’s it. I said yes. The dismissal letter said more, but that was made up of inaccurate/incomplete information and lies.

The rest of the meeting consisted of what I was going to do next, after he said that he is going to try and see if the could talk them into making a media center, and then hire me to run it. That would be great. I would work more in my field again, I could quit my telemarketing job after giving them two weeks notice then come work for the Nursing school that would pay me a bit more he hinted. I left him resume for when he had to pass my by his boss/dean. He didn’t look at it since he knew me and knew I was good worker.

He then had the third member of his team show me around the school. As it stands now, it’s only three buildings, and one of them being a two story. I ran into Ms. Beachman near the end of my tour, but we didn’t really talk. She just commented on one of the things that I was being shown then she went to look for someone.

Near the end of the tour the guy who was showing me around told me of this other position that he knew about that trying to be made over at the bottling company. But it sounded very involved. If I took that job, I couldn’t quit and move to the nursing school. If I took that on, I would have to be there for at least 5 years. It would just be me, then I more or less would then help build the department around me, and then I would be the head of it, and I would receive very specialized training for this new thing that they want to do.

I went back down to say good by to Ayo, but he was busy, so I just went to say good by to Mr. Coffee instead.

===========

Three months later and I don't remember what happened next. So I'm mostly publishing this so that anyone who is back reading this blog has a clue about what happened since I said I was going to post this, and for the save of it being saved by some internet logger out there so I can dreg it back up in 39 years if I ever loose this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment