May 26, 2006

Sound Files....

There is where my day seems to be ending.

Yesterday it was far more interesting and expensive, and it turn out to be a major waist of time and money.

I looked and looked and even ran over to a store mins till 8pm to see if they had a shirt I could buy to wear to my interview on Thursday. It didn't fit; the size tag was a lie. So come Thursday morning I was up with Nika and Jhodie, I got ready we all left the house the same time. Jhodie and I went around town looking for something interview appropriate.

I don't think that the labour department is that much help. I don't think they gave me any leads 8 or so years ago when I first tried to get a job, and yesterday was just about down right insulting to what I use to do before.

I know she told me that it was a telemarketing job, but I didn't believe her. It became shockingly true when I walked into the place 20 mins after leaving the Labour department. Before that I was running around with Jhodie getting money off the bank, looking for clothes, and end up spending $149 on a suit. I don't like suits, but at least this one had a few nice flowers on it. I had the idea of taking a pic since I walking around in $199 worth of new clothing. I wore the new bra too.

She, the lady at Labour, didn't do anything other then copy down what I wrote on the paper the day before onto a new paper that had carbon paper with it, and made the new adjustments that I told her. I got my phone number wrong the day before, and I upped the about of pay I was looking for. She didn't even look at my resume. On the way to catch a bus to the place I was to have to the interview we stopped off at the Kba (formally Ram's) and picked up one more shirt to swap out with the brown one I was currently wearing for any other interviews I might have. I also paid for a tv tuner card. It hurt, but I had to buy something to not feel like I was not throwing away the money. Three pieces of clothing in less then 2 hours and I had spent just under $200.

We got to the place way early and walked around a showroom on the other side of the street. It's really nice, and really expensive. I may get one of their pots and or some candle holders after I get a job.

Speaking of job, I walked over there, open the door and saw a small sea, closer to pond, of cubicles with girls wearing head sets and the a lot of chattering. The lady from Labour wasn't mistaken. It was telemarketing. Everyone was looking at me, and there eyes followed me into the next room.

Another room, that in my head, screamed union, middle wages, and the sound of the assemble line on the other side of a half wall didn't help to prevent. Interesting place. One half had a phone pool, and the other side had a brush assemble workshop going. Once again I filled out another form. It seems like they get some immigrant work from some of the questions they asked. I wasn't the only one there. Somehow guy ended up here also. That reminds me. I should send my resume to McPennies. One of their works just came to work for us. Maybe his spot isn't filled yet.

Either which way, after I was done with that, I was given a touch typing exam. Mummm. (with a cocked eyebrow) Ok, I wasn't going to say how much I typed this time around and just keep my mouth shut and take the test. It wasn't as fast as I would like. I think I got as high as 34 wpm. Which on days is a little slow for me. The numbers slowed me down, but then I was trying to cut down on mistakes. I got a 96% accuracy. Then after sitting down for like 5 or so mins and having some lady from the office part of this whole thing ask me questions, most of which were on the form that I filled, that she was reading, I was lead away for the actual interview part of this whole thing.

Now I could show off my resume. She seemed impressed, but not until after I read a script. A Script? Yep, they were pushers. I was about to join the original spammers. I read it rather well I thought. My nice upper class talk came in handy. Among other questions she asked if I ever sold anything before. I told her that Ross was my first job. I didn't think of mentioning MCI. Since that was just a complete failure. Which is why today I starting to think of calling the Nursing school and asking Ayo if they had any openings.

At first I was thinking that it wouldn't be as bad as MCI. I wouldn't be knocking at doors and trying to push something to their faces. But then I would still fell the rejection all the same. But it's not personal I told myself. It shouldn't bug me, but it does. I feel like I'm talking myself out of not liking this job. But I should call around all the same so if for some reason they don't call me back I might have something else.

Oh, that thing about the new shirt, that was after the interview. I got that mixed up. We also got two watches fixed in town before we went home. I almost took a pic of me in my new outfit for everyone to see what $199 EC looks like. Granted, in 3 months if not sooner, the outfit will be discounted down to $60., but I didn't have the time to wait and hope my size was still there.

Jhodie had a nap until I woke her up at 1pm. I was suppose to wake her up like 5 mins earlier, but I was messing with the tv tuner card. I have it working fine now, but a few things went wrong, a few things weren't understood, but now I like it, and I don't have another appliance running when I'm on the computer, and my sister can do the same when I'm not here. That could end up helping out with the lights bill.

I currently have $1,500 on the bank, and that will only get us so far. Now I fell panicky again. I need a job. Ok, Nika came home yesterday and crashed. She was out for like 3 hours. So she was up late. I know I fell asleep before her. She was in awe that the tv was on my computer. So she stayed in here with me. I fell asleep with Nika next to me, the computer going and a window open. I'm not sure about the computer, but Nika was in her room and the window was closed when I woke up at like 4:30am.

Today wasn't that bad. Very good compared to how my life will soon be. I would have been able to sleep a little longer if I didn't have to take Nika to school. She ofcourse woke up late, so I took got her ready for school once she woke up. I got her to school just before 10am. I came back and didn't go back to sleep. I'm sure I wanted to, but I did something else.

Around 11am I started to think about being a telemarketer and was dreading it and thought that it was time to call Ayo over at the nursing college. That was heck. Firstly it was hard just getting a number for the nursing school. Two of the four numbers I got were for the vet school, and as for the other two numbers. No one picked up. I called both for over 2 hours, and no one picked up.

Then when I thought about calling Ayo at his house, I found out that I didn't have that number anymore. So I have see if I can get the number from Nika's God mother. She works at the nursing college.

Today was t-shirt day, and they let them out early. Again with out telling anyone. What if I wasn't home? Now we have to give her a set of keys everyday so that she can get into the house for when they do it again and we aren't at home this time.

Grief!... I just remember that I was suppose to go by my uncle's house tonight. When he came by to get Verey, he said that he wanted to show me something. Oh well. I can try tomorrow.

Well the day is over.... the time is currently 2.36am. Ya.. a long time from when I started writing this.

I checked the last blog I wrote and realize that I skipped Tuesday, but Tuesday was nothing much. I think I saved a draft. I'll go look for that later. I should be posting that tomorrow.

Don't expect a blog for Saturday. I don't expect anything to happen other than a walk over uncle Ray's and maybe down to guy's house to install those typing programs for him. I may just settle on one instead of the two that I was going to give him. They don't need two.

I'll also came back and spell check this thing tomorrow also. I just can't re-read all this right now. I just hope it's not to bad, but I'm sure there is a line or two that is completely messed up as it came from my head and out my fingers and got past my eyes.

See ya.

PS.. The sound files title. I was looking for sound themes for windows just before I started the blog. There aren't any out there. I found maybe 2. Shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment