May 14, 2011

This Day Went So Wrong

I didn't go to sleep until after 7am to start this whole thing/day off.

My sister never woke me up, in fact no one did other than a phone calls.

Firstly. My mom didn't need me to bring the stuff down to her work after all, so I could have slept in a little longer.

No it's 11am and for some reason I wake up. I don't know why. The first thing I do is curse myself out for not hearing my 10am alarm for me to wake up and take my allergy pills. Then I remembered Jhodie and for some reason decided to check her room. I don't really remember why now.

And there she was. Still fighting the laxative that the had the take the night before and took late btw.

So she tells me that she would be going in later. I say great and tell her to wake me when she's leaving.

Does she wake me up? No. Does she call me from her phone once she has left the apt? No.

So I'm asleep and dead to the world until my phone rings at 2pm. It's the hospital. They were calling to find out if I was the one who was suppose to come and pick up Jhoide. I could have sworn that the lady said that she will done in 15 - 20 mins and that she will call me when it's time to come pick her up.

Great! I stumble out of bed, and I'm using the bathroom when the buzzer goes off. And I don't mean just a buzz. I mean, I demand to be let in buzz. I'm half asleep and think it's Nika who wants to get in to use the bathroom. I get up and do all that, including washing my hands before buzzing them in and looking out my apt to see who it is for sure.

It's not Nika. It's the little girl for the lady next door. They right now would be my only reason for moving. I take that back. They are currently the only things that would make me not mind going through a move. I really don't like her/them.

Either way. I close the door on her because she had gotten into this habit of ringing our bell for fun when her mother is home. Then as I'm ready to back to the bathroom to try and finish what I was going the phone rings.

Great. Who can that be?

It's the girl's mother. She's calling to ask if the girl is there. I ask her where she is. There is no reason for anyone to be the house right now. I shouldn't be there to be talking to her, never mind letting her child into the apt.

She's downtown. She's on her way home. Yeah right. She leaves to go to the corner store and it takes her an hour to come back.

So I open the door and I don't the girl. I call her and now she had the nerve to look like she doesn't want to come in and is dragging her feet. I say nerve, because I know she doesn't mean it. She's a fake little girl that just wants things done her way.

I put in the other bedroom, turn on the tv, find a kind channel for her, and tell her to stay there while I take a shower.

I take my shower and I'm drying off in the bathroom when I hear her moving into and around my bedroom. I tell her to go back to the other room twice before I hear her go. And to make it sound like she was coming towards the bathroom, she asked if I had any disinfectant.

I told her no. She shouldn't have been doing anything that needed that. As I finish up in the bathroom, I'm thinking that I will have to wait here until her mother comes, when I don't even know when that will be, or my mom comes so that she could be here with her and Nika who was do to be home in a few mins.

When I came out the bathroom, I went to find the girl, not that the apt was all that big, and found her standing in front of the tv in the other room. I ask her what she needed the disinfectant for. She's all smiling and said that she wanted it for her hands that she were ringing and moving around her as she half looked at me.

I went to get dressed.

Now during the next hour or so, Nika shows up an there is now shouting going on as I continue to get dressed. I look up how to get to the hospital and what temperature it was outside. I had on my shoes and everything when my mom came home. I told her about the girl and her mom as I got my keys and store cards. I'm running low on my allery pills and need to get more. I was planing on getting them before coming home.

Either way. Mom was going to go by the doctor and had made an appoint at the office that was just up the street from us. I guess she could take the two of them with her, but I heard a plan about leaving both of them with the lady next door when she came home. I haven't a clue how that worked out.

I got my keys, and my cards and my bag with my charged phone and ear buds and left here about 4 or so pm. I just know that I was there for a lot longer than the 20 mins the 'nurse' told me. For all I knew, Jhodie was at the hospital waiting for me to get her for an hour already and the 'nurse' had forgotten to call me back again.

I hadn't a clue where the hospital she was. Not one.

So 20 mins later if not 30, I'm walking up and down the grounds of the hospital going from building s to building c and building t, just to find the right department. Then when I get there, they don't know I'm talking about. They had no such person on their roster for the day.

They ask me if I'm sure I'm in the right place. I told them what she was having done and that she told me this hospital. They say that she may be at the other hospital across the street. So one of them called them up and got someone to answer their call. I called the number back 7 times since out of the subway and was walking around the place. The fist time the line was busy. For all the others, no one answered.

Well it turns out that she was at the other one. Great. At least this nurse was able to get my directions as to where in the other building she was.

By the way. It was cold out, and I was wearing a knee lenght skirt and a short sleeved shirt. So much for my planning. At first, I just thought that it was the wind, but the wind never really stopped blowing so it was just colder than cool the whole time. I could have used a jacket/coat and my jean pants.

So I go across the street and seemed to have taken the back way in. Since I thought I was avoiding another hospital I didn't realize until I was going in on the other side, that it was two places in one. At this point, the outside seemed to have gotten abit colder to me.

I got in, and found the department with only one minor misdirection and she was awake yet. She wasn't a wake yet. Did having the nurse from the other hospital stop them from calling me to get her? What was that 20 mins for? Was I so asleep that I so misunderstood what I was being told? Was she saying that they were going to start in 15-20mins in such a way that I thought she was saying what I expected to hear about having to come pick her up???

So I set there, in the hall, on a blue chair that they pulled out for, to wait for her. Almost everyone who passed me, who happened to be staff by the way, asked me if I was Jhodie's sister. We look alike it seems. I'm willing to admit that we could be two different versions of the same person, if we weren't sisters two years apart and she looked older and smaller then me.

So I sit and wait, and wait for .... 30 mins. So by the time she is ready to walk of the department with me, it's after 5pm. I want to say 5:30 but I'm really now sure. But we can't leave just yet. Nope. She has to make another appointment with the x-ray department, and she wants to see about picking up a note for when Nika was there last week to help prove that Nika really had a good reason for not being in school.

Yeah Nika.

A week or so back, when I wasn't here, I found out that the iron fell on Nika's head. How on earth that happened I don't know. A day or so later, she said that something was hurting her, her neck or head, I'm not sure. I wasn't told much. Just that she was going in for scans and she had a lot to take so she was there, in and out, for a few days just getting scanned and checked out. As far as I know, everything is fine. But now the school is asking for the paper work.

Ok, back to today.

The place to get the note for Nika was closed, so we went to the x-ray place and had to wait to make and appointment. When it started to take awhile, I thought it was rediculus, so I stood in the front of the desk to make sure she didn't forget about us. At this point, Jhodie goes back and tells them/her that she just needs to make an appointment. She ends up talking to a guy, and I though ok. She makes it and we are out of here. Nope. I don't know what he did, but says that the lady that to set the appointment. We leave about 30 mins later if not 40.

We stop to use the bathroom and some kid must have been playing with the water because the front of my shirt was wet when I moved away from the sink. Great! Spent time getting that dry, then we go out into just a slightly cooler day. We passed on CVS and another chain drug store that I had a card for, but they didn't have the meds I needed. Of course.

So we make way for the subway. We ended up going to Atlantic Ave because Jhodie had to pay on her Target card. She didn't have her's but I had my copy. We got a few things while we were there, but now after I tried to buy some shoes.

Yes I said try. I wear 11 and 1/2 Wide width shoes. I look at what they say should fit me and laugh. I all out laughed. But twenty mins later I have one found pair that I seem to like and is walking around in to get use to how flat they are. I then find another flat pair and send Jhode off to see how much they cost.

Payless is having this buy one get anything else 50% off. But of course you pay full price on the most expensive itme and the cheaper one gets it's price cut in half. So she comes back and tells me that they are $30. $30! People like saying that they have a fixed income. I have no income. None. I'm trying to get what I need and save as much as I can for next semester books. I guess I really am selling some books this summer.

Well, I cried at the unfairness of it all. I really liked those shoes. And they looked strong too. Thin wimpy shoes won't last long with me.

So after trying and trying and trying to find a second pair that I could justify, I gave up and took the one pair and some lip gloss.

After that and paying on the Target card and getting a few snacks we parted ways. She was fine at this point. She went in search of things to make a nachos and I got the bus home. Now it was night fall and more than an hour and half since we got off the train from the hospital.

My transfer still worked, which I was very happy about btw, since it looked like I would have go out again tomorrow. I had found a pair of sneakers that I liked and really needed. I only have one pair and they are so close to dying. Jhodie had reminded me that Phillys said that she would be more than happy to buy me a pair of shoes and such. I just had to ask.

So when I got home, I asked and she said yes. Right after she asked me for my Macy's card. There she goes again. She went last Saturday too. At least she'll have me in mind and not spend so much so she can get me the shoe(s). I can always hope.

We are more or less set to meet up after 3pm. So If I get up at a decent time, I'm doing some home work at the school. If not, I'm just grabbing my sketch pad so I can do some other home work at home.

Oh, I almost forgot. I was in the kitchen cleaning up over two days of mass messes in the kitchen since I got home. I breaked every hour to eat something since I was so hungry and had been running around on and empty stomach.

You wouldn't really know that now, because Jhodie had now decided to clean out the top cupboards even thought I only told her to wash one pot that she left macaroni in the night before. It's soaking in the sink. Macaroni and all. :(

I don't care, I'm going to bed.

If you expect me to read this back over, you don't know me or at least you haven't been reading my posts here.

It's 2:40am. I'm gone.

Later people.

Oh... one last thing.

Dont touch my smokes by =vaporotem on deviantART

No comments:

Post a Comment