August 27, 2006

There Goes My Weekend. It Wasn't So Bad.

Things could have gone abit better, but you wouldn't have known that if you didn't go through it.

The first thing that went wrong could be a matter of debate since they happened at the same time, with pre work all ready put into them.

One was my meeting with that guy that stopped me over in Green Lands a few weeks back. The guy who wanted me to help him with this computer company that he was trying to get off the ground. The things is, he might be expecting a bit more of me then what I thought I was going to do for him, and it may be a bit more then I'm capable of doing. I tell myself to go ahead and try it. With me getting old I might not get such a chance to help anyone is this way other than myself, maybe, I should at least try, and then if I do fail, I can't say that I didn't, and if I succeed, I would be happy that I did try. But it still scares me. Yes, a lot of things scare me.

The next thing was Nika's birthday get together. Because we didn't have that much money this time around, it was going to be a small get together for 2 house with about 5 or so kids. They would play a while, sing happy birthday, get cake and ice-cream, then play for a little bit more, then leave with a party bag.

The sad part was that only one kid showed up. It was a good thing that her godmother showed up with some gifts for her, or her day would have been a complete bust. I stayed and cleaned, and helped put beads in her hair today. Jhodie went to get the party bag things in the hot noonday sun and got the rest of the front room ready, and only her godmother and the one kid showed up. A few people came by an hour after the two hour things was suppose to happen. They were family. They didn't feel like coming sooner and they were partly looking for Pearl. That call will cause issues until we aren't near her.

I have Lynn and a lady I'm in training with asking around for a place for me to stay that will only cost me about $300. I can't afford much more. Did I tell you about the place I stopped to asked their rate for a month. That came up to $949 or something like that. I told him that I only get paid... $800?... Thinking... I was thinking of what I would get at my first pay check. I get paid that ever two weeks. Ok, I can open up my rent pay to like $350 - $400.

Other than that, I had an ok weekend. I felt out of place when I woke up my first night back, and that was after a very rocky trip over. It didn't ran until I landed in St. Kitts, but we were having waves that you could surf into land on. I already don't like boats since I can't swim, but come one, I was one degree away from being pitched across the cabin.

I got a few things to take back with me to Nevis. Some things I got on Saturday, and some I picked up today after my little meeting with that guy. I just have to worry about a few meals like dinner.

Well I have to go now. I have to get my hair greased and combed, then there is my skirt and bra to get washed for me wear to work tomorrow. I'm taking the 7:30 boat over. I was going to go over on the last boat today, but to save on bus fare to and from New Castle, I'm going over tomorrow and go right to work.

Well see ya. One week down, and two more of training to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment