August 23, 2006

The trials of Nevis? - short on time, can't think of a better title.

I didn’t get much sleep last night. I tried to go to bed before 1am, and I might have if the guys didn’t show up. With the racket they were making I had to watch tv until they left. That was somewhere around 3 am. Lynn’s oldest son woke me up as he talked on this phone and did other things such as turn on the lights. Why?? I’m not even sure if it was the talking on the phone or the lights that woke me up, but I’m willing to bet on both.

If I had gone to bed earlier, I might not have so much, but either way I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I had to ask him to leave and to take the light with him. Then I was about to go back to sleep. Besides it being too short it was a nice sleep.

Earlier

Work ended at 6pm. We got a whole hour off for lunch. That is why we ended at 6 instead of 5. I walked about 1/3 of a mile to the main road, (and it just grew to a ½ a mile in my later blogs) then got a bus to town in about 10 mins if that long. 10 mins later it was dark out. I got $60 from the ATM and spent $5 f I on a drumstick and two backs at a place tat Lynn told me was the cheapest place in town.

Then I went to where the buses were suppose to be to take me home. But there was just one parked there in the dark with out it’s driver in sight. So at this point with the place not looking that populated, I was hoping that another bus would show up, and one did. Lucky me, but as we started to pick up people it hit me that I was worried for nothing. Stan even got picked up by the same bus. I was even able to use his cell phone to call Jhodie and Nika. Mostly Nika. I didn’t think that I would be able to go home this weekend. I told Jhodie that after counting up what money I did have, and that the boat fair went up to $20 that week, I don’t know if I would be able to go and come back. Then the bus contract came back up again. If I could get a contract with the bus that picks me up, and I’m able to get it to take me home, I would able to go home for the weekend. I didn’t get to ask him about it today because I wasn’t the last on the bus and I couldn’t hold up everyone else. So I’m going to have to ask him when I get in the bus tomorrow morning.

------ You might be wondering where this is coming from. I would be too if I just saw it posted up here. I had writen it down while I was in training. I fininaly got around to post it. It seems like it's the seciond or so day of the whole thing.

Well see ya. -----

No comments:

Post a Comment