September 25, 2007

Not the news I wanted to past on

I have nothing big to past on I'm sorry to say.

I was holding out until I got a job to say something, but they are taking their sweet time. So long that I think that I've already been written off, and ofcourse I'm not going to get a "we can't use you" letter.

Last week Tuesday I went to a work fair to for this pharmacy, DR, and I thought that I was going to get a job as one of their photo developing techs. I talked with one person, and he liked me for that field, and handed me off to them. I talked with someone who would have been my trainer, or the person in charge of that department, and she seemed to like me, but I had to do their 50 page questionnaire, which I thought was better than the other 5 that I've done, but still lacked the right questions to ask near the end. They tell you to answer what first comes to mind and to be honest, but looking at some of the questions you know that you would have to lie to maybe get the job, or you don't know what they want you to say in the first place.

Then there are the questions that don't ask what you are willing to do. Do you like working in a quite place? Well most people will say yes. Are you willing to work in a less then quite place? Yes. But did I get that question? No. They asked me if I was willing to work out side of Brooklyn at the fair, but you couldn't ask me if I was willing to put up with a noisy machine for work?

I guess I start handing out my resume again.

I almost didn't go to the fair. I was late, then I got lost, then I had to back track about 10 blocks to find then place, then hurry home so that Jhodie could go to work.

Other than that, I've been cooking and such. Tonight I just mixed leftovers together along with some zucchini. I came out ok I thought. I learned that my mom doesn't like zucchini.

Today I got my butt out of the house for a few hours. I went to see T-Mobile about a few things. First I wanted my billed explained. I got some of that explained to me. They seem to be a month or so further back then I thought they would be. Next, I got my rebate check for my phone yesterday. So I took it in today to pay on the phone. One, they can't except it, even though it's theirs. I can't cash it at bank unless I have an account with them, and the check cashing place around there doesn't cash refund checks. So I have to deposit it to my mom's bank account to pay them with her card or take the money out later and pay them.

Next there was the issue that our phone plan didn't come with texting? A cell phone without texting? Great!.... Oh, and there is this nice thing that the US has that St. Kitts doesn't have. You only play for the texts that you send in St. Kitts. Up here for some reason, you to play for the ones you send and the ones you receive??? Ha? First they charge you or at least me $.15 per text, and then they do it twice, and the same thing is going on at your friends end??????????? Insane.

But we fixed that. They are currently having some kind of add on thing for texting. We took the cheapest one. $4.99 for 400 texts. We put that on each phone. To have added texting to the plan, we would have had to go with the unlimited texting for $69 or so. No thanks. I paid for mine on the spot. Next I had an issue with my fav five. I wanted to change out one person for someone else since I can't get them that often, but I changed out the wrong person and I tried to put them back in and taking out the right one this time, and it said that I couldn't do it. Last night I went to t-mobile.com to see if I could get some answers there. I found out two things. One, what I wanted to happen is saying it's in progress. In progress since last week? And two, I was allowed to change each of my five once per month, so what gives? I asked the person and she said that I would have to call up customer care, which I did tonight.

But before that.

When we left the t-mobile store, Jhodie ran off to see one of her new found friends, and I was left to try and turn the check into cash. You know that didn't happen. Next I thought about staying out of the house, since there was nothing for me to run home too. So I decided to take the B51 over the bridge and into china town. I fell asleep on the bus, and by the time I woke back up, it was on it's way back over the bridge. Great.

Maybe if I didn't wait around for about an hour for the bus to show up I wouldn't have felt as bad and gotten the next one over again. While I was waiting for the bus, I think I saw them setting up a scene for something. I saw lights, and people, and it was on the other side of a fountain so I don't know about cameras. On my side of the fountain there was the farmer's market. It wasn't that big today, but they had some nice things. That is where I picked up the zucchini. I was going to do it in the brown rice that I had in mind to cook today, but I just tossed it with the left over pasta that I was reheated since there was so much left over from yesterday.

Well I came home and took another bus to get here, but I got off too soon and walked the rest of the way home, which was fine by me. I picked up a few things for later. I got a carton of juice, I got some magi cubes, and a paper towel. I had to get bounty. My mom has told me not to spend her money on any other paper towel. So I spent $1.20 or so, when I could have gotten one of the same size for $.99 then I walked past my street to get some bread. Those 4 for a$1 ones. I picked up the egg plat bread.

I came home and then just crashed. I woke up around 4 pm. I got up to let Nika in when she came home from school, and Jhodie showed up at 4, and she took care of Nika tonight. I've been making sure that Nika has had her home work done and eaten and bathed and everything by the time Jhodie comes home.

I had taken out the chicken that I cleaned and seasoned yesterday to defrost for cooking when I came home, but I realized that I had boxes of KFC that Jhodie brought from work. I didn't need to cook anything. So I put it back up and just heated up the pasta, cut up the chicken and added some zucchini. It came out well, and I didn't have to make space in the fridge for more food that I almost cooked today.

Then there was the call to customer care to get my five fixed. Well I did get that fixed after about 10 -15 mins. First she needed to know who I wanted to keep, who was being replaced and what what contact. But in time, it was done. *grin*.. so now Tony is back in my five. She also doubled checked on the new thing for the texting that I had added on that afternoon, and I found out that the other day when I was texting away, I had racked up 52, and not the 20 I thought.

Other than that, nothing much to say. I've caught up on StarGate SG1 and Atlantis. I know how SG1 bit the dust, and I know where I expect to find myself on Friday when the season starts back up for Atlantis.

Ok, that's it.... good night. I'm off to watch Eureka before I have to wake up my mom for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment