November 17, 2007

I Don't know if they just took the edge off, or if they mostly worked.

The dentist got through with me and the right side of my mouth around 2pm. I was in the chair for 2 hours my sister said. I just know that I will be sucking down pain meds alot tonight.

The day itself got off to a bad start. Last night Jhodie and Phillys went shopping at Pathmark and Tartget. They were gone for way too long. By the time they got back, Phillys had this really bad back pain and Jhodie went with her to the hospital. They were there until 2:30am. They gave her Ibuprofen, and not even a very high dose. She could have gotten stronger ones from work.

First Jhodie fell asleep, then Phillys, then I finally fell asleep after 4 I think. I was awoken at 6am. I didn't fight it.. I got up, took a bath, ate some cereal and got dressed. We left the house more or less on time, and my sister picked up breakfast at the corner store. I had already forgotten that I had eaten the cereal, but I drank the tea on the train.

My sister almost had a heart attack when we got the station.  The person who told her that the train was leaving at 7:50am was wrong. There was no 7:50am train on the weekends. We had to take another one at 8:10am. Which was fine by me. But before she got to that point, she almost attacked the person in the both because of the wrong information she was given and had passed on the dentist as to what time we would be showing up.

Either which way. Everyone ate on the train but me. I didn't feel like it. Then we stood out in the freezing, windy outsides while we waited for connecting trains. We had to change trains twice and there was nowhere warm to wait for the next train.

Then my sister who is trying to prepare me for the ordeal is giving me a number of good reasons to head back home.

It was worst then what she told me. The only thing that didn't try to kill me, an some of my brain cells due to pain was getting the shots. I have felt and heard cracking in my mouth as I was given shots in the past. I have felt needles like they were going into very far reaches of my jaw bone. These were nothing. Everything else was mostly new and very painful. I guess having the Anesthesia or whatever were in those needles wear off twice didn't help. And me, not wanting to seem like a bother for constantly telling them that it was pain full, I let one of tooth drills go by with out saying anything and was surprised that I didn't cry. But he had to put some more in before he did the root canal . Oh.. I had one root canal, and 6 fillings on the right side of my mouth alone. I don't eat much sweets, because they are too sweet for me. I say this because someone thought that I did when I told them how much fillings I had to get. Most of the cavities are were my teeth met other teeth. Where you would floss. But I couldn't because my gums always bled when I tried, or I couldn't get it in to begin with. I gave up trying to floss ages ago.

It has always been very painful for me to go to the dentist, and it will always be painful for me. I've come to accept this. I also know that it has to be done. I haven't done anything about for too long. The last time I tried to get a tooth looked at when I was St. Kitts, the guy wasn't actually asking me anything, but asked why did I even bother to come? I should just let it finish rot itself out in two years. Must I say I didn't go back? I Listerined my mouth for days and took the pills he gave me for the infection until I was feeling better.

When I was finally finished with the pain and had a look at the final x-ray to show the work he did on my root canal, I could not be impressed with anything at that time, I walked out to the bathroom. I heard Jhodie go in to have them look at her mouth. They weren't sure if she was going to have anything done. I was the one who needed to be looked after considering the pain I was in two days ago.

Back at the start, when I had sat down in the chair, I was asked what I wanted to do, before they even gave me options. They, he and my sister, were taking between themselves thinking I knew what on earth they were talking about. Then I was told. Since all pain was passing and I would live though it, and it had to be done, get as much done now is what I told myself. I didn't expect the stiffness on that side of my face from all the pulling and pushing and what not. I'm sure the 6 shots didn't help either. But it was over.

I kept my mouth covered all the way home. It looked like that part of my face was trying to slide off, and then there was the fact that I couldn't close my mouth on one side. I looked like I had a stoke and felt like I was in a boxing match and had tooth work done.

The train ride back was shorter then the ride there. We had less time to wait for a connecting train.

Philly said that this was my Christmas gift. I didn't know how much it was until we we on our way back and waiting for our first train. Today alone came up to to about $1700 if not more. The crown alone for the root canal is $500. The next time I show up, it's bound to be around $1000 again. It feels wrong that she is spending this much money on me. But there is no way she would let me go with a month this bad. She has to now tell mom when she gets home how much it cost. I wiped out her paycheck for 2 weeks. I'm the older one, but currently that doesn't seem to count for much.

I will owe her alot when this is all said and done.

I need more meds now. I ate sometime around 6:30am, but I don't think that I will be able to eat anything again until maybe after midnight if at all tonight.

bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment