November 15, 2007

Just Found Out Who Won...

Then next iron chef is not John Besh. I was rutting for John, but he didn't win over the judges.

I know I'm a bit late in this, but I wasn't home to watch it, and I just downloaded the ep to see how things went. Infact, I found out who won before I saw the show. I was watching Food Network tonight and they were already talking about the upcoming battle for the new iron chef. I got the ep to see how it went down.

It seemed rather close to me. Not all dishes won over the judges, and Besh showed great form in coming up with a dessert in 5 mins out of sword fish, and I think not having it taste like sword fish would be a good thing. Go figure.

The other chef is good. I don't hate him for winning, I just had the other guy as my first pick.

Oh, I'm testing out this new WINDOWS LIVE WRITER on this blog. I was trying to see if I could install something so that I could see who was on line in messenger without running the app, but it just updated the program and installed two things. I picked this as one of the two things for it to install, just to see how it would work. So far not bad.

 

What else.

Well I'm off tomorrow to give blood, and it seems like it's going to rain when I do. I have a new mouse pad. This place I know is up and moving, and they have 20% off all their stuff so I got two pads. One is for us, and one for my Aunty Janice's house. The last time I was there, their mouse pad cut me. It looked like someone tried to feed it to a shredder. They both have little gel pads for your wrist. If you don't have one, get one. Your wrist will thank you. I just wish I had one for below the keyboard. I touch type so I can use one of those things. I'm sure my mom will think that it's just a bother.

I have maybe two blogs in drafts. I should get those/it out soon.

I have just finished the audio book "The Mummy" by Ann Rice. Not bad. I got it because I had read it years ago, and just remember liking it, but not much else. Sad to say, but when the book was all over, I only remembered the ended of the book when I was hearing it. It was a new story for me. When it was over, and it sounded like there should be more or a next book to come after it, I went to see if there was. But no. There is no other book after it. At least not yet. I read up some of the reviews, and I agree with one person who said that there was nothing really there for her to fall in love with him for other than the fact that he was beyond good looking. That might be one of, if not my only fault with this book.

I'm on to my next book. It's called "The Last Days Of Krypton". I really like it so far. It says the last days of Krypton, but has a time line feel of the last year or two of Krypton which is more or less just what they said. After all you really can't just have the last week of Krypton now can you? I think that the names are a bit funny, but you have to work with what you were given. It gives you alot of back history for a bunch of stuff. I would recommend that you pick it up some how. Book or audio form. 

Currently I'm trying out I-tunes. Ya, ya, I'm one the last people to do so. I know, I know. I didn't really care about it until that night I was at Hayden's birthday party and we were more or less allowed to pick the songs we wanted to hear, and it was on a mac with I-Tunes. I hadn't a clue how to make a play list. The only reason why I'm really touching it now, is because I've tracked down a show that I just about never catch called "Tech Now" that has pod cast. That reminds me. I wonder if "Click" once called "Click Online" has pod casts? That's another show I have a hard time tracking down to watch on tv.

I should go back to bed now. It's almost 5am, and I want to go out walking tomorrow. It sounds like it's going to be a good day.

Yesterday I took Nika to PTA and got her report card. She did over all good, but she sank in comprehension. Wow. I spelled that word right the first time. :)

Well it's true she blanks out when you ask her about most things, but she reads very well. She just doesn't listen to what she is saying past saying it, and she needs to write some more. Then she wanted me to buy her a book. We went to see, and I told her that there were two books that I wasn't going to buy for her. Hanna Montana, because she doesn't need to know any real life of behind what ever of kid stars, and no Sponge Bob Square Pants. That thing is a leak on bran cells. After she got that in her head, she didn't want any book even though we looked at a few nice ones. I almost walked out with my own copy of a collection of Calvin and Hobbs comics bound in book form. That is/was a great strip.

Other than that, nothing much on my end. Oh, yesterday I handed in my resume to the MTA. You can check back for that blog on the weekend. I was told that I could ask someone to hand it to the person it was suppose to go to, but I must have gotten someone who was in a bad mod. She was quite short with me. I just acted like I hadn't see the box that said drop resumes here when she pointed it out to me. I then called up the lady that I was suppose to stop by and see and say thank you in person too, but she went home early. She wasn't feeling well.

On my way home I tried to see if I could find some CAT5, 5e or 6 cable for the laptop. The wireless connection in the place sucks. But they were asking too much for 15Ft. I was looking for 25ft. I found it on line at Newegg.com for a good price, but the shipping is a rip off. I think that I found some over at tigerdirect.com, I just don't remember how much they were asking for theirs and the shipping cost.

 

Ok, that's it. It way past my up time. I'm only up now because my mother let me sleep in the bed when she got up to use the computer. Then I woke up at 1am because I was asleep from before 12. Heck, I think I was out before 10:30.

 

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment