November 05, 2007

Once I was questioned, I saw it coming...

Just not this soon.

I was let go on Friday. The day before I told not to come in on Friday because there was going to be too many people in the office, and the day before that I was told about some 'concerns' that he had with my progress and some stuff he saw.

I defended myself, but it's no good trying to tell someone something, on something they had their mind made up on. It didn't matter that I believed that I turned back his concerns, since I was able to address what he thought was going on with me. But once I got the phone call the next day, I knew I was being let go.

I wasn't all that surprised when he called, but I was disappointed that I wasn't given enough time to see if I really could or couldn't do it on my own, when being compared to someone who has being doing it for over 2 years.

When I brought this up, I did call him on that, he said that he believed me to be an intelligent person who was great with computers, but he didn't believe that I was suited for this job, and that on some level did believed that the job was below me.

Needless to say that put a damper on my day, considering I was happy the last time I was at work. I liked everyone and the place. I had an interesting commute to work, and I was having fun most of the time when I didn't get anything wrong. Which wasn't that often I believed.

Could anything nice have happened to me between that phone call and now? Two I think. Ok, make that three.

One, my friend AM is off to finish up her studies to be a Vet in Costa Rica ... today? Or tomorrow. Good Luck Girl!
 
Two, I found a few parts off some computers that people had tossed out a few days ago, built a computer, knew that most of the parts worked, but the mother board may have issues, since it wouldn't boot after a mass update in security updates. But there was a nice 256mb of RAM that was the kind Dashawn/Aunty Janice's computer used. There, I saved them $30 or so.

Three, because I had the day off to go and add the memory to computer that lived in Harlem, I came across an add for Fit University. I think I found a college to go to, and I've chosen to do Graph Design first, but to get the BA, I have to do undergrad stuff first. That puts me into 6 years of college.

You can call that last one a good thing right??

Well my mom is off work for two days, the election thing I think. She has already made plans on what we can do along with starting some of her baking.

Speaking of baking, two things. One, she sent me all the way to New Lots to get some veggie meat (soy chunks - ground) and I took Nika with me, but they were out, and couldn't care less that they were out, or when they were going to get more.

Two, Wednesday I took some for Smi, and never expected her to pay for them, but she wanted too. I told her that I didn't really remember how much my mom asks for them, so she told me to talk to my mom and then get back to her on how much they cost. Guess she won't have a chance to pay for them now. :) I win.

Moving on.

I got my wallpapers up to the club on time, if not early for the first time in months. I was very pleased with myself.

Wallpaper related - I had to decided to change my wallpaper the second time the computer all out crashed/blue screened on me. All because I wanted to try out the new game Luxor 3. After the last crash the computer told me that it was due to my video card drivers, and that it was fixable. And pointed me towards the maker. Which didn't help me. I first went to Microsoft see the updates they had for me. They had one for my sound card, and my nic card. I installed them, then went to HP to have them tell me what was needed for this computer for it's video. I got the "update" then tried the game again. I didn't freeze or crash on me this time, but it taxed my system too much for me to keep it. At least I'm up todate now.

Then tonight when I got home with Nika from Harlem, I wondered what was going on. Phillys was wearing her latex gloves like she was in the office while starting to wash dishes. I hate having this girl clean. She just about never cleans. She screams at everyone for the mess even if she help to make it, then goes on rants and what not's until she's finished. Then she had the nerve to say that it hasn't been cleaned for over a week.

The Witch. I've cleaned that kitchen about every other day this week. Before I had work I would try and have it cleaned every night, but when I started to work it would be every other day, and then this weekend I wasn't feeling well at all. I think I am/was/am coming down with something.

Phillys had her drama, Nika actually went to sleep, and Jhodie cleaned other rooms while Phillys haunted the kitchen. Mom watched some things on the computer until she fell asleep.

It's about 2:30am now and like I said, my mom has plans with me in them, so I should be getting to bed. So I'll back read and get this thing posted.

See ya.

=======================
http://jhoye.blogspot.com

- There I share my life.

- There I have links to what use to be my life.

- There you can find out what I might want out of life.



__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment