November 28, 2007

Anime Review... my little take.

First I'm going to start off with the one that is turning into a disappoint for me. I haven't even finished watching it due to the plot turn that is wrecking what I thought had a promising chance at making an interesting story. I wish that it wasn't such a disappointment to me. I was looking forward to watching this for ages. Maybe it will change back to something that I want to watch. Oh, the name of this show is "Ah! My Goddess" also known as "Ah! Megami Sama".

It occurred to me that I might be expecting too much since it seems that this might have been written for a the younger set.  Ofcourse the whole thing is thing isn't set in the "real" world, but to have some sense in a few things would be nice. The sisters are suppose to be helping to run "heaven" and the great computer which is currently crashing, but they bailed and didn't go back. And the last sister that showed up is the one that is making a mess of the story line as far as I am concerned. At least the first sister was trying to get the two main players of this thing story together. From the time the second sister showed up she said out loud that she was there to keep them apart. I still have like 13 or so left to watch and the movie. I started to watch the movie first thinking that it was like a few others I've seen where they just stitch the first 3 or 6 together depending on how slow the eps are. But it wasn't it. It was a movie truly made after the show was finished. So I stopped watching it and went to watch the eps.

The next runner up is "Hand Maid May". There is one person there that is the word annoying and irritating beyond belief at time. It's like some one was doing an experiment as to how bad can they could make someone in an anime and have people would still watch it. The only thing is people watched it anyway because of the other people in the anime. At the end of it, it reminded me of Chobits. It had a slightly interesting under laying story. Not as good as Chobits, but we are talking about Chobits here. It's from CAMP. Once you get past the king of annoying, it's an ok anime.

This one is the best I've seen since I started watching anime again this year. I'm trying to get three more right now because of how disappointed I was with Ah! My Goddess. So I went looking for a few more grown up Anime. I'm trying to get "Asatte no Houkou" and "Darker Than Black".

Ok, the best one so far, to get back on track, is "Fruits Basket". I'm very saddened that there was only one season and that there are no plans to ever finish it. It did end with a lot of stuff to be resolved if not explained. Viewers have been trying for years to get a next season made, but there are issues between the two forces who would be able to get this done. Her are two links for you to find out more about this anime. Official Site and Info Site.

I just remembered Mushi - shi. Did I tell you about that one? I watched that months ago. It's great. Two sites for you here as well. Info Site and Official Site. That is really the best of the year for me, but for this last batch that I've watched it's Fruits Basket.

Ok... see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment