June 19, 2009

Job Hunt

Yep even in Seattle. Well I do need some money, but that aside, I've gone to two food banks in two days. Yesterday I was early, and today I was late.

This second one today was walk able, but I didn't know that and gave myself a longer trip than it needed. I even ran to catch the bus that I didn't need. The place I was going to was on 18th and E Cherry. I live on 14th and another street. I should have asked Tanzi again how far E Cherry was from where we were and I could have saved the bus fare. It was like 4 or 5 blocks to the right of the corner we lived on.

I took my ID with me, along with two bags, some music and my cam. Speaking of my cam. It tried to kill itself yesterday, twice. I went and found the Capital Hill Library and it wasn't bad. A nice modern building and open and extra rooms that the other place didn't have that I normally go, but the books and such were only on the first floor. I'm starting to understand why most of these libraries are so small.

You see, they have this hold thing going. You look up what you want, and if you find it you place it on and hold and no matter were it is in all of the Seattle library system, it's sent to the library that you want it go to and it waits there for you. Also, you can drop of your library books and things at any branch. It doesn't have to go back where to where you get it from.

Either way, I was getting ready to leave and I placed the plastic bag on the table and the cam slides out, off the table and hits the floor. I pick it up and turn it on and it seems fine. I then finish getting my things together and go to look for the bathroom and find it upstairs. I see these 'hooks' on the walls and they look like they could move, so I pull on on not very hard, and it stayed in place, so I put on the plastic then the back with the laptop, and what happens? It moves and my bag with my cam falls to the hard ground. There was no carpet this time. I could have sworn that I hurt a crack. I put the laptop on the floor and look for my cam. I turn it on and it still seems to work.

It might be able to see purple and take bad night or dark shots, but it keeps going after a fall or two.

Well I got to the food bank at like 8 past 12. I almost didn't see it. It was in Firehouse. I only know to go in there because got close enough when some people came out with stuff.

I walked in and was shown to the room and filled out a paper that would get me into their system it seems. That is how they keep track to make sure that each person doesn't come more than once a week I think. The first three or so boxes I don't think that I took anything. Cottage cheese, some very sweet thing and hot dogs with pork in it. If it was a better grade of hot dog I would have gotten it for Tanzi.

I took a small box of white rice, some eggs, onions, another can of apple sauce. I already had one from the place yesterday. I got a can of crushed tomato and a small box of bran that looks like grapenuts. I hope it's taste close to that. I like grapenuts. :) They had bread there, but I had so much home that I didn't even walk in their direction.

So I slowly walked back and took pics along the way until Tanzi called. I didn't really start walking up until I was like two blocks from the house, but I got some good pics.

I felt like it has been raining on me all day. I ran through wet grass to get to the first bus. I was under trees that shook rain drops on me when I walked past. I was happy that it didn't really rain. I got home and Tanzi left and she came back with another friend.

So I'm going now.

No comments:

Post a Comment