October 27, 2009

Imitator Sues Artist to Overturn Copyright on Sculptural Art

This is just wrong.

"My original art has been copied by a manufacturer who is now suing me in federal court to overturn my existing copyrights and continue making knockoffs. I have a strong case, a great lawyer and believe that if I can continue to defend myself, the case will be resolved in my favor. If I run out of funds before we reach trial, a default judgment would be issued against me and could put me out of business. I don't believe my opponent can win this case in court and I don't believe he really intends to try. I believe his goal is to use strong-arm litigation tactics to force me to keep spending money or risk losing my copyrights — not by true adjudication, but by default if he is able to outspend me."

Do you believe this? Is this that the world has come to? The judge should have seen this or someone should have brought this to the judges' attention. Heck, the lawyer shouldn't be charging him a dime unless he wins or charge half price.

Well here is the link to the whole story and you can help out if can.

No comments:

Post a Comment