August 18, 2005

Alot of Good News Really.

Today was good.

I didn't bother with my clock and stayed in bed a bit longer than I should have. I ate breakfast which set me back a few mins.

I did end up going brown like I said, just not in what I thought I was going to wear. I washed out my shirt just to get rid of this odd smell it had, and just laid out my skirt to help some of the rinkles fall out.

I was just tired this morning which is why I got out of bed late. I stayed up and watched the last of You're Under Arrest. It really only had two seasions. the last one said "The End". The only reason I felt disapointed is because when I was looking up the show to show AM some pics of the show, I came across a pic of two of the characters getting married. I was hoping to see that. Oh well.

Got to work in good time thanks to a student that gave me a lift. I kinda thought that it was due to my hair I got the lift. I stood out that much more now. As I got work and saw everyone eating bagels, I thought that I shouldn't have eaten breakfast at home and just bought some when I got here since I have a little extra money since I had three days of work left. Another "Oh well."

Got into a slight huff with E over restarting the floor computers. I had to log her out of the front desk computer to do it, and she said that she didn't like that. I told her that I asked her too, but she just continued to walk away from me. So I loged her out since we were losing time. It didn't help when the computer crashed and restarted as I clicked on the program to restart the computers on the floor.

Then I was board and tired for a few hours. I was starting to get worried about the project in between stages of yawning. She was suppose to contact me around 2pm. I didn't see her until after 4. Just before she showed up I was called out to help with a printer problem which didn't need me really. M fixed it, but I was way laid by a girl and her laptop.

I now take the time to Offially support MS's Anti-spyware. :) I had cleaned out her computer before, but she was convinced that she was infected with something and the computer was now slow. Now this is happening after that nice bug hit the net the other day. I have been so messed up that I've missed most of my line up for tv watching, for two days stright. I haven't even stoped to watch CNN which was shut down by what ever it was. I haven't even read the whole e-mail that my boss sent out about it. I just skipped over it looking for bits of info. It affected unpatched, Win2000 commputers. We survied I'm told because we were doubled firewalled and I thought because our AV was up to date. That was put into question when I was talking with Rick who said he had a AV problem that he had to fix.

Well back to the teacher. She came and showed me what we were now doing. She had decieded after looking over all the tables to use just one. Ok, fine. First I thought that I may not be being that much off the job after all, but I'll have a little something for our tour of the island on my week off. Then we got down to what needed corrected and such and taked a few things out, and I ended up just having to add a few spaces, cap a few words, and make a coloum alined left instead of justified. She also wanted it a bit smaller so I shrunk it down a bit more, and placed it on normal size paper instead of on the other size paper we were using before.

Then I got the good news. One, she liked working with me and think that she might be doing it again in the future. I was happy to hear that she liked how I worked. Then she said that she wanted me to count up how many pages I worked on, and tell her how much it came up to. Since I worked on all those files even though she decided not to use them, she was going to pay me for them. Cool. The longest file was 39 pages. Which for some bizarre reasion it printed out 200 pages. I don't know what happened there. I'm going to count them up tomorrow before I go to the clinic to get my shot.

I got a nice lunch before she came. I wanted to get something from the guy's aunt that I re-did the poster thing for, but I was told that I was suppose to pre-order so she would know how much to make for that day. It's a little limiting, but it cuts down on waste. So I asked him to bring me back a roti and oj when he left for lunch. He left somwhere around 12 I think. I'm sure he got back around 1:30 if not after 2.

Back to the girl and her laptop. I first uninstalled the two anti-spyware software before installing the MS verson. I found one that had like 20 parts to it. After that, and a reboot it was fine, but I checked on the defrag and it was very fragmented. She came to it find it runing. After milling it over, she decided to take it with her instead of leaving it here for the rest of the run.

I then left about 10 past 7. I said good by to M and the girl from the library that she was eating and talking with. Then I headed down to check on that box that I put out for Jhodie. I half didn't expect anything, but I found some stuff. Mostly clouths. Ok. I took more out of me than I thought it would to climb up that hill and steps with those things. They must weight more than I thought. A few books, a stubby flashlight, some blank paper, and the clouths.

Jhodie was impressed by what I brought and a bit surprised at the flash light. She just bought one from one of the students at the last sale she was at.

Oh, just remembered. Bret came by to talk about the shelf he was selling me. We worked out what time and such, and he didn't ask for the money. I had it waiting in my bag for him. A solid $100. $40 of which was his.

Ok...... that's it. :)

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment