August 10, 2007

Movie Reviews

Warning - Do not read my very little review of these movies if you haven't already seen it. I'm sure I'm giving a few things away, and I'll ruin the movie for you, and I don't want to do that.

300
- I loved it. It was like watching the Titanic all back over again. A great movie, gorgeously done, and even though you know how it ends, you still cry when you get there.

Apocalypto - Hum. It was only half what I expected it to be. Not that it wasn't a very well done movie. The only flaw I saw was when they killed the jaguar. It did look like a stuffed toy. I really thought that it was about when the white people showed up and the start of the end for them, and in a way it was. It did show some of the stuff that I have read about and such. It was rather nice to see it all in colour. As for the order in which they were killed as they chased after him, it wasn't in the order that I was expecting. But hey, I'll take it.

The Last Mimzy - I got this for Nika, but I watched it too. Not bad. Not a real kiddy movie like I thought. It had nice points. The guy who sees stuff in his dreams I liked, and his girl friend, (or is that his wife) I like and know from "Crossing Jordan".

Bridge To Terabithia - I didn't like it. I think it has to do with how the movie was advertised. I expected something of a "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. " The fact that it was really all in their heads, wasn't enough, or that fact that the girl died really put me off the movie. I'm not really sure which one it was.

Ghost Rider - Already said that I liked it, and my reasons for liking it. Read a blog or two back.

Night At The Museum - I'm amazed that I liked it. I like a Ben Stiller Movie. I don't know if that has happened before. Granted, there are times when it couldn't be helped that I saw Ben Stiller instead of "Larry Daley" as far as I was concerned. On a good day, I may over look that, but when I really think about, I'm mostly glad that I watched it, but I don't think that I'm going to watch it again. At least not anytime soon.

Arthur And The Invisibles - Now after watching the bridge movie, I was just waiting to be disappointed by this movie, but I liked it. I have only one little complaint, which started to bug me near the end of the movie. It was the audio sinc with the CGI actors. They didn't sinc most of the time if ever, but I'm willing to watch it again, the over all story was that good.

Blood & Chocolate - Did I see this movie before? Really. I know that I didn't see that much of the adds for this movie, so why did it feel like I'll already seen this movie. That made me feel abit odd while watching it. I liked how they bowed. I think that might have been the best part of the movie for me. Sad. The only part, that they did "wrong" was when they changed. When they turned, the clothes didn't fall off of them, but seemed to change with them, but when they changed back, they were naked. So what happed to the clothes?

Pathfinder - Hum. I don't feel like watching it again, which is a shame, since I wanted to watch it so badly. I felt like it was a romance novel that was put on the screen. Near the end I started to like it more, but without a good start, I don't know if I would watch just the ending of the movie again.

I just finished watching them all today, and thought that I would pass on something since I didn't leave the house today, or cooked, and didn't really clean. Heck, I didn't even get out of bed until after 2pm. I had no reason too, and I need to get my clothes washed.

Tomorrow I will be going out it seems. One, I'm getting my clothes washed. Two, I'm taking Nika to the library,and three, I have to go the clinic. They just want to give me the results of my pap-smear. I don't expect to be there long.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment