August 24, 2007

Nothing Much

Since my last blog I haven't been out of the house until yesterday.

Our sleeping has been thrown off by a number of changes and lack of things to do. Not that I'm not still sending out my resume and such still. Honestly, how long does it take to e-mail a resume. But it was hard to come up with a mass cover letter. Tanzi helped me with it on Monday.

We played e-mail tag building this thing up. It also came up that I should redo my resume. I wasn't happy to hear that, but I'm changing it non the less. You think that it would be easy to change it, but it isn't with all those tables in the template.

I was suppose to meet her (Tanzi) on Wednesday so that we could both work out our resumes and cover letters at the library. But she couldn't make it. I think that she had to get ready to leave. She moved back to Seattle on Thursday.

I was also suppose to go out a few times that week but they didn't happen either. On Monday I was suppose to go the Library to meet Jhodie and Nika, but I stayed to do a cover letter to drop off at the Museum along with my resume, and then I got started with Tanzi and all that. I spent like 4 or so hours doing that until I had to get off the computer to clean or cook or something like that. By the time I even thought about trying to leave to go out, I called Jhodie to find out where they were, and they were coming home. It seems that there was a cold snap, and it was raining. So I saved myself that, by staying in.

Tuesday we were going to go to the botanical garden, but the rain and cold was still there, so we stayed home.

Wednesday was nothing. Jhodie did go to the gym, and I had to take care of Nika.

Most of the week my mom had off. She worked like three days this week. Yesterday turned out to be her longest day. She actually asked for extra hours so that I could get a metro card so I could go to some temp agencies. I was told that I should go to a whole bunch since I may not meet the criteria for all of them, and not all of them will have work for me right away, and I could pick if more then one shows up, and I'm not really stuck with a bad job two weeks or for how ever long the job is for.

When she got home I found out that she had gotten 6 extra hours, and it was all standing. It was some kind of customer service thing.

Yesterday, while mom was at work, Jhodie took me and Nika on a little walk down Flatbush to this place that had cheep boots. It turned out to be Payless. We left late with our sleeping being off, and we took our time on the walk and check out a whole bunch of places on the way. We found a few nice places. One was wig place. My mom doesn't like the wig I had gotten in St. Kitts. Which bites since it cost me $100 and at the time everyone was telling me I looked good in it.

The other place was the first place we stopped it. It's called the Vegetable Hut. I got a soy chicken spinach patty for $2. It was good, and the outside pastry part was better than I expected. Normally they aren't that great, but this one was really good.

Next there was this hog poge type store. It wasn't the cleanest or most organized one there, but the people that worked there were nice, and they had some interesting things.

Well, we made it back to be in the house by ourselves before dark, then Jhodie left to meet Phillys at the gym. They got back before mom did. She didn't make it back until 12:30. She told me that she was going to be home at 1am. So she was early. I was watching "Amazing Grace" when she came home. Nice movie by the way. Pick it up if you feel like some history without blood and explosions.

I didn't cook anything. Mom called and first asked me to cook some chicken that she had taken down from the freezer, but then she told me not to cook it. I didn't know what that was about until later. She didn't want it to turn out like how Jhodie  did her chicken. My mom likes to bit into her food, and Jhodie likes her meat to be "fall off the bone". I came home and just heated up the last of the soup. Which also has a small story behind of it. It was a soup that Jhodie and Mom tried to cook. And I do mean tried to cook. Mom started it, and started in such a way, that my sister didn't know how to finish it when mom told her to finish it up, and went to sleep.

When mom waked up, she wasn't happy. The chicken brook down in the soup, and everything was too soft for mommy. It was half funny how she acted over the soup. She said that she won't let Jhodie cook soup for her again.

The next day I spent a while picking out bones, dumplings and the corn on the cob pieces and used the food processor on the rest of it. I was trying to make it a smooth soup, but it didn't come out as smooth as I would have liked. I added a little bit more salt. I think it needed it. Then heated everything back up in a pot except the bones of course. I was sure mom wouldn't like since she said that she wanted to bit into her food, but she liked it. She had two helpings. I hate to say this, but I think that I may be the one cooking here with mom more than Jhodie.

Well what was left over, is what I had yesterday night for dinner along with some crackers. Still good.

Today mom is asking me what to cook. I just came up with crunchy bake chicken. Maybe some mash potato to go along with that.

Well today, just so I end on the day I'm posting, I stayed in bed because of my back. It was starting to go yesterday. I'm not sure why. Mom is here today because she doesn't work on Friday and Saturday. And Jhodie and Nika are in Manhattan. Nika was suppose to go with Phillys to work today, but she didn't go to sleep until after 2 am. There is no way she could have stayed up, if she could have gotten up to go.

She did get herself up, but Jhodie told her to go back to sleep and that Phillys will get her up to get ready. Phillys didn't wake her up again, and she woke up on her own again at 8am crying that Phillys left without her. We told her that she had one more week before school started for her to go to work with her. She just has to go to bed on time. But it seems that she got something in it's place today. Miss Phillys is out doing something and wanted Jhodie to bring her a few things for her, and I said that Nika should go with her. She called Phillys and asked of Nika could come. She said yes, so off they went before 3pm.

Mom is getting ready to go see the doctor about her foot, and I have to go cook something now.

See ya.


=======================

http://jhoye.blogspot.com


- There I share my life.

- There I have links to what use to be my life.

- There you can find out what I might want out of life.


Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.

No comments:

Post a Comment