August 01, 2007

Sunday Out With Tanzi

Hi everyone.

I've been out sick. Heck, I've been sick from almost the day that I go there. Yesterday I just about ate nothing after living in the bathroom for most of the night before. It wasn't anything that I ate while I was out with Tanzi I'm sure. We had very veggie meals that day.

Now as for Sunday.

I don't remember what time we met up, but I think it might have been around 1pm or so. She called and woke me up around 10:30, then we talked for about 40 mins on the phone, then I finished some cereal that I had started while talking to her, then I took a shower and left the house about 10 till. We had agreed that I would meet her in the subway on the 2 train near the back.

I thought that I might have missed the train that she was on because I stopped to take out the trash, but I didn't.

She was tall. Taller then I remembered. We hugged, but she says that I just looked at her and commented on how tall she was while she hugged me. I won't say that she was lying.

We then decided to go to lower Manhattan to see NYU and all the places we use to go. We didn't come out on the street we wanted and for the next 4o mins were trapped in the rain. We stopped for shelter not to long after we got out of the subway, but the next few blocks we just soaked. I couldn't find my sneakers so I work flip flops forgetting that it was going to rain that day.

I was at a complete disadvantage. Tanzi was tall and thin and in boots with a big umbrella. I was slow as I could be walking in flip flops that were trying to come off my foot with every step I took. Then I was trying to keep my self and my bag as dry as possible under my smaller umbrella.

I lost my shoe like twice in three blocks. At one point when we had stopped when it was really coming down, not that it didn't pour on us while we were walking again, some guys walked by and made a passing comment about or too Tanzi. It sounded like they liked what they saw. I think we would have liked it better if they had just smiled and walked backwards instead.

We ended up at DoJo's, which is the coolest restaurant that we ever went to while we were growing up. Heck, I think it was the only one we ever went to.

We were talking about how the place seemed so much bigger. When we were kids the placed seems so much smaller, so much more packed. I gave Tanzi the ice from my water. Then before we even ordered, we saw the lady next to us throw away a whole plate of food. She told the waitress that it was more then she could have eaten. The waitress asked if she wanted that packed up for her. She actually said no, and told her to throw it away. To Throw It Away? A whole Plate Of Food! She barely ate anything, and threw it away. Didn't she like it to take it home? Tanzi and I just looked at each other and waited until she left before we said anything.

At the very least she could have packed it up and given it to some homeless person. We then ordered our own meal. We had the same thing. It was a tofu dinner with brown rice and salad with home made carrot sauce, with a glass of oj with out ice. Tanzi didn't finish up her's so we packed it up and went to see if it was true that Tower was now no more.

It was true, and both Tower builds were empty. As we walked pass what use to be Tower Music, I told her about when she brought me here for the Sponge concert and the guys we met, then they bailed on us. She didn't even remember. Shame.

She then said that an organic place that she use to go to was around here somewhere. She asked this guy that was passing if he knew where Whole Foods was. He pointed her over to place about 5 or so blocks away. The place was nice. She brought me there so I could see a place where I could get goat cheese since I can't eat cow cheese anymore. Once again it was raining. Had it even stopped? I don't think so. We got there and we were given a plastic bag to put out umbrellas in. That was nice of them, but at the same time, it was to keep people from slipping on their floors. I'm sure the rain helped, but it was really cold in there.

Well, we headed down to the subway that I use to come out of like every other day when I came to the east side to hang out here when she got a phone call. She was trying to get plane tickets somewhere, and the person she was getting them from, I think, worked from home. Well his home was on Mott Street I think, and we just passed it. So we walked back up where came from then walked all the way to China Town, in the rain, with my feet slipping out of my slappers and Miss Tanzi walking well ahead of me. She stopped every now an again to look back and checked on me. She told me the address again so that if she got there before me I knew where to go.

But as it turned out I got there just as she did, or not to far behind that the she waited for me to catch up with her before going inside. The apartment was two floors up. It was a small apartment. The ones you keep hearing about in New York that let you cook while you took a shower. Granted, it wasn't really that small, but he only really had 2 rooms not counting the bathroom. Currently that is just one less than what we have here in Brooklyn.

Well he seemed nice, and he talked with Tanzi and I just wanted to leave since I was following her here and had no other reason while I was there. I thought about asking to use the bathroom, but I just couldn't ask.

When we were leaving we some how ended up saying that we were going to go see Hayden. I know I suggested it so I could use the bathroom. Which sounds really wrong, since we ended up traveling to the top of Manhattan about 155th street.

When we got there, Hayden wasn't. His room mate was there, and she let us in. At first I thought that she was his girl friend, but that wasn't true. She was just his room mate and friend. She already had a boyfriend.

I got to use the bathroom. Ya!... odd I know.

Well they called up Hayden to get him to come over so I could see him, and he took way too long to get there. He was over in the Bronx. He said that it would an hour to get here, but his room mate didn't believe him. She said that he is always late and it always takes him twice a long as he says to get somewhere. I think that I was starting to fall asleep before he showed up, but to his credit he got there in the hour time he said over the phone.

He looked just about the same. A little bit of added was on him, but he was about the same. He said that I looked the same. That was nice of him of him to say, but he hasn't seen me since graduation night back in 1995. I think his memory is abit dusty, but just about everyone else says I look the same even from when I left St.Kitts and came back 5 years later, but them I believe, since there was less time between when I left and came back.

So we talked and found out about his very bad miss hap. He lost his paycheck. This was like in the last 24 or so hours. He cashed it, and it fell out of his pocket. He doesn't have bank account to put his money in. So now he has nothing for two weeks.

This is when I heard about temping from his roommate. She said that back when she use to do it years ago, she got like $25 an hour, but she doesn't think that they pay that much anymore, but it's more then normal she said. See said that one job she had gotten was at a lawyer's office where she just blacked out words from papers and made tons of copies. See said that you may not get great temp jobs, but at least you will have some money at the end of it. Not have a bank account at 30 years of age. He even remembered that I had a bank account when I was high school. Oh well.

The room mate, I don't remember her name, asked us if we wanted to say for dinner. I said sure. It wasn't bad. Nothing that I have really had before, but not bad. I had some jalapeƱo smoked almonds. I'm not sure if I liked it or not. *it's now been almost 2 months*

We didn't want to eat and run, so we hung out for a bit longer, then we were told about taking the bus over the bridge and taking the 4 train down. I wanted to go to St. Mark's since we had talked about going to the book store down there. But it turns out that Tanzi couldn't come. She had a normal metro card, and not a pass like me. She had known about the metro cards and the passes, but didn't get one for some reason. So we just went home. I told her that I wanted to go to the book store with her, and if she can't come, I'll just go home. I had already been out and about in the rain for hours now and I can go home. It wasn't raining anymore by the time we left, but it was cold, and when we first go there, there was a fog over the East River.

Well that was it. A long wet day that was nice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment