March 08, 2006

I don't remember much before 2pm yesterday.

I don't remember much from yesterday.

I think I was working on my blog mods, then I ate my sister's Pringles, then Tito went sight seeing, then I took Nika to town to give her (us) something to do, and get back the Pringles for Jhodie, and maybe get some cold meds.

We got to town and I walked around for an hour with Nika. I got a tart for Nika and I got something else. I should have gotten one for Jhodie too, but it was early in the hour, and I didn't want to send too much.

At the end of the hour, I had bought bread, meds, some other snack food, and some cooking stuff that it turns out we still had.

She thanked me for the Pringles. Turns out she didn't buy them. Uncle Ray got them for her. She would have liked what I got like I said before, and she made a sandwich with the bread. She walked in just as I took off my shoes.

A few mins later Rick called me. Ofcourse he came by with the computer parts during the one hour out of the house during that last two days. He will come back later he said.

He gets there, and I start. Moving things her, putting stuff in, finding out that I'm missing parts. No keyboard, no p2 mouse, then to top it off, the nice new memory that I got doesn't work. I almost thought that the new monitor was bad. Oh.. I was wrong, what topped if off was that my 280 or 250 gig hard drive as Rick is saying, couldn't be completely seen by the mother board. So I couldn’t install the OS or move stuff off the old computer, and split up the hard drives. AAaHH!... I was just like that for a while. AAAHH!... I wanted to install an OS. I've been getting ready for this for over a week! I was mad for an hour.

So I told Tito that he could buy the hard drive off me for $120 US. That is less then I paid for it. But I rather take a loss and get some money, then have a hard drive that I can’t use.

Then today I brought the ram back to Rick and told him that I can't use it, because everyone else in the department told me the wrong kind of memory to get. But now the guy is saying that it the wrong sub category of the right kind of memory I got. He didn't talk about any subcategory before. ** Just checked the website I got it from. They make no mention of any subcategory. And it’s not listed in the details of the stick**

But he is going to sell it for me so I can get the right kind. He also said that I can get my current large hard drive to work. I just need some kind of download from the maker of the hard drive. I think it's some kind of bios update for their hard drive, or that hard drive. So I'm going to look into that when I get home.

Speaking of home again, I just got a call from my sister. It seems that the computer isn't booting. I had asked Tito this morning when I was getting dressed to check to see if my older computer could use the ram. I knew it couldn't, but I wanted to check to make sure. I'm only slightly worried that it’s really damaged in any way. It's just taking a while to understand what gives, now that the memory has been changed again. I'll check it when I get home. I just hope that the only thing I'm not really flipping out about is the one thing that goes down hill for me.

I'm suppose to also check to see if the current memory that I have will boot the gateway. I'll have to test that too when I get home. Jhodie wanted to have one computer up and going while I configured the other one so that she will have a link to her friends.

Ok, back to work.

I got to work 10 past 11, which is good for me. A student gave me a lift. I fixed one thing on the website. That reminds me I should check the announcement page to see if there is anything outdated there that should come down.

I then spent some time trying to find a game that I heard of, but didn't work on my computer at home, and one that did. I have the other one up and running, but the other one won't happen. It's a German game, and the dll won't work on an English OS. So I will have to wait for the game to be translated.

I then got two Hi8 tapes to save to VHS. One was a joke of 10 mins of what looks like spying on a teacher in class. The other one should have come with its own VHS. Some one had a baby, and someone was just taping their heart away.

I then covered the front desk while E was out on her lunch break. I think Collin wasn't too happy that she just up and left like she likes to do. Finished up something for St. Jean since he came down to talk to Collin about something. I also gave him back the two tapes and a book that I had for him.

I defragged the front desk computer in the corner that M use while I was out there waiting for E to come back. I also helped a guard with a paper he wanted to print. He had a "few" mistakes that needed to be taken care of before I let him print it. Normally I don't look at the documents that I'm asked to help print, but there was so much red I had to help.

Then I was back behind the desk for a while. I did this, looked at then, then I couldn't stand any more. One min after I sat down she showed up. Just like last time. I knew it.

I then went up to Dr. K to see about a scanning job that I had to do. I felt bad about not starting it last week like I was suppose to, and it turns out that there is a bit of problem with her giving me the book that she wants pics out of it scanned. It seems that it's a required book that she needs to have in class with her every day, and it's the only copy she has. The library only has two copies, and one is a 24 hour loan, and the other is a 48 hour loan book. It's a required book so everyone in her class is suppose to have their own copy. But, there is always a but. One student didn't buy one for whatever reason, and so he checks out the book every other day or so, so that he can have it to study from and use it during lab for that class.

So to fix all this, she is going to buy another copy of the book so I can have it with me and scan what I can when I can. She might have done it sooner if the next edition wasn't coming out in 4 or so months it seems.

I then went upstairs and across the street to get something to eat. I got there after 2pm so just about everything was gone I got two bakes and a piece of macaroni pie. Oh!.. all most forgot. I found $10. Someone dropped it on the LRC floor. Lucky me. *grin* I also got talked up by some unlikely people over there. They were drivers for the buses that took you to the railway that take you around the island for sight seeing. Anyway, one talked me up like he would have liked a date or something. Oh, I’m showing a lot of cleavage today. I then walked back across the street to find a girl with a cricket bat looking very mad, and shouting at the guards. From what I heard it sounds like she got us confused with the other Ross University that seemed to have taken her money and not let her in.

I came back down and got the router from Rick. The one that I did the wrong version update on a while back that I got from my uncle. He wants it back to let someone else have a crack at it. I had left it here with Rick, but he never got around it to, and we both think it can't be repaired short of it being given a new chip with the right information on it.

Well I got the VHS' which was quite nice. We haven't had any for a while. We made an order like two semesters ago and they haven't gotten here yet. So I told Collin and he sent out for a box. So my first every copying from a Hi8 to a VHS worked. *grin*

I didn't do the 10 min thing, I'm going to talk to the teacher to see what gives, and I think Collin is going to find out the baby one.

Around 4:30 I fell asleep. One reason would be I went to sleep after 3am. I wanted to go to bed at 2am, but it took longer than I thought to erase a cd. Then I burned something on to it so I can put me to sleep. I have some kind of college course on the Incas, which I split that into two folders to keep track 10 from playing after track 1. Then I had the Physics of Star Track then a put on a folder of some music in case I couldn't stand to hear the other stuff.

But the Inca thing is good. I fell asleep to that. That other reason why I fell asleep is because I didn't have anything to do. I like working while I'm at work. Go figure.

Now I'm just waiting to go home and work on the computer and see if I can get my hard drive to be fully seen. If I do, Tito isn't getting it again.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment