March 10, 2006

The process has begun.

Finally I am able to see most of my 250 (which I have been calling 280 for 6 months) gig hard drive. It's in two parts, but the two parts come as close as I expected. One is 127.99 gigs and other part is 107.99 gigs. Cool ha?

So now I've set up the network, and I've started to move over 95 or so gigs of data to the hard drive. The odd thing is, the dos version of the software that was suppose to work before I installed the OS didn't work, but the window’s version of for it did once and OS was installed. Now that I think about it, I should have picked a smaller size to make the partition for the c drive so when it saw the rest of it later, I would have 120 if not 139 for the storage drive.

Oh, this software that I used I found last night. It put me through heck, but it wasn't really it's fault, it was my fault for taking out my floppy drive out 2 and a half years ago. The real issue was that the computer still thought it had a floppy drive and I didn't realize it until last night.

Last night I also found out that the USB part of the computer now works. For the past few months it wouldn't release my USB thumb drives, but then as of last night it started to work again. Just when I'm about to take it apart it works, and of course it fells like it's going a bit faster. It's like it knows it's going to die and is trying to show me that I don't have to take it apart and rebuild.

It's still going down, the only thing that can save it is if the memory isn't compatible with the new board. The newly built computer is sitting on my bedroom floor, and I'm thinking that I may make it into my bed by 2am this time. I know I need the sleep.

My brother is leaving tomorrow. I didn't realize that it was time yet, until they told me tonight when he went out to see a few people and to take some pics of BirdRock. I asked for copies if they come out.

I'm just waiting for Eva to finish before I head into bed. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment