September 19, 2006

Didn't you tell me this already?

Besides the fact that it took me two hours to get to work when it normally takes me 45 mins, I got to work at 9:40. Great.

But I contacted them to let them know, and since it was a holiday and I wasn't the only one who was late, thank goodness, I wasn't killed.

I did the first half of the day's data entry for me and udorna, that's the girl I've been sharing work with. Then after lunch she did most of it. I did like the last one for the day I think. She wasn't happy with how much we got done. I was fine with it, even if we had about 4 rejects. Those came up in her time, so she felt worse about it than I did. I only had one reject, and that was because someone already did it. I did 8 by lunch time and I had a break.

I was so hungry. I didn't even realize until it was brake time that I walked from up here almost to the airport, then walked the half a mile up the hills to work with out breakfast.

Last night on the local channel I saw that the (our) church was having a yard like sale thing in the square today for Independence Day. I told Jhodie about it last night, so she could go somewhere with Nika and maybe get something. I got a conkie. She got it for me, and Nika got a toy and two books. I think that there might have been one more thing, but I can't remember right now. I called her at lunch time to find out if they went, and told her of my ordeal in getting to work.

I was covered in sweat when I go there. I ended up wiping off almost all of the lotion that I put on that morning on my arms.

Today, another girl at the place threw questions at me. Where was I from? Where in Nevis was I living? and how old I was? I answered them, but the girls around her started to hit her to leave me alone and told me not to answer her.

Lynn just had a look at my phone. She used my phone to send a call to her phone so she could get my number, then she tested it out. She likes my ring tone. I'm thinking of taking the vibrate off for when it rings. I don't like it that much, and it's not like I have it in my pocket when I have it turned on. There, I turned it off. I'll save some power that way I'm sure.

Oh, back to the name of today's blog.

Last week when Myron (our trainer) was here, he told me that I was completely taken out of the system and that it was going to take days to get put back in. Fine, I was hoping that I would be back in come this Monday. I was wrong, but today I was once again told this. I said, didn't they tell me this last week? Ronald said that they were still looking for me in the system until today. So I have to start counting from today for when I'll be getting my profile back.

Jenetta came back today. I had a feeling when I was pushing myself up those hills to get to get work a little sooner that she may be here today. She's the one that has been out sick since Tuesday last week. I don't think that she is completely better, but a week is as long as she could have been gone.

I had some luck with getting a bus ride home today. I wanted until 6:30 to catch a bus after I walked it back to the main road with just about everyone else. I caught one at 6:01 I had just started walking when one went right by me, and I turned around in time to catch this one. Then lucky me, he agreed to take me to New Castle when I asked him. It would have been better if he had saved me the 15 min walk up here in partal darkness, and/or only took $4.50 from me like the last guy did instead of the whole $5. Ya, ya, I quibble over 50 cents. Those 50 cents add up fast. Lucky me I have enough money to pay the bus to get me back into town tomorrow. Then I could go to the bank to get the money to pay most off my bed if not all of it, and get a copy of the key to this room made at the same time and get some extra money for bus and maybe breakfast if not something to snack on.

Well now I'm home, tired, and I was sweaty until I sat in front of the fan. I'm only on the computer because Lynn was somewhere else, and hadn't turned on the computer yet. I do have that hunger pang, but I don't think that there is dinner, and I ate my potato sticks last night for dinner. *grin*

Well I'm off to look for something or to make noodle soup.

See ya.

I'll give this a look over, but I'm not promising much.

No comments:

Post a Comment