September 26, 2006

The week starts

I made it in one piece.

Wet and dehydrated, but I made it, and with about 7 mins to spear. That was mostly due to the other people he had to drop off and such. I got in the bus at 9:34.

Before I got in the bus I was hauling my stuff off the bus and thinking where I could a head set for the cd walkman. I couldn’t think of anywhere then it hit me. Maybe that place next to C&W that had the dvds for sale would have some. I got there and they had alright. The ones that I would pay $10 or so for had a price tag on it for $60. Then after getting over my shock I reminded myself that this is why I haven’t bought any since I’ve been here. So most likely I won’t find any for a better price. So I told her that I had to go the bank and asked if I could leave my stuff there. She said sure.

One my way over I ran into Inshan. That is the girl that I was friends with in junior high and 1 year of senior high school with before I went to NY. She was just about my only friend back there. We use to walk to and from school together. That was around a mile or so incase you thought we just hoped down the block.

Well she lead me to a store that on the outside said that it was a beauty store, but she said that you have to go into places to see what they have since most places carry more then what you can see from the outside. I found the 99cents ones in there for $15. Still a rip off, but it was better than paying $60. So I told this lady also that I would have to go to the bank and that I would be right back. I walked out with Inshan, and we stopped talked a bit since we haven’t really seen each other in like 5-8 years. I might not have seen her since I’ve been year, but there was talk of seeing her around somewhere back before Nika or just before Nika.

Well I got $100 from off the bank and I’m so hoping that I don’t go over that for the week. At the end of the week when I go over I an use my paycheck to buy me a “real” traveling bag so I could stop lugging plastic bags back and forth and hoping that they won’t break on me.

So far Ronald hasn’t told me that I’ve gotten a profile back. At first I didn’t say anything, since we only have 1 order in our basket, but we were just told that our DSL orders have been going to a different pop site. Why???? Anyway, there are over 100 there and if I could get in I could do some of those and not just sit here. But the app that we use for that one isn’t even coming up. At first I thought it was just me, but I seems like Kizzy has the some problem.

Well J just looked at my system. It seems that I must have updated the Java to 1.5 something and now it was looking for that version to run the app for the DSL orders. It took him a while to get it going. He didn’t understand why it was doing that since last week he down graded it back to 1.4 something last week. Then I sat down and looked at it. I can’t log in. Great. I still can’t process any orders on my own. At least I have some music to keep me wake for the day. I know that I’m going to be looking over Hema’s shoulder for most of the day, and soon she will talk me into doing an order or two. If she didn’t move so fast I wouldn’t mind, but I don’t want to ruin her personal quota of like 45- 55.

My first cd for the day is called “Some Aqua Please”. It’s a self made cd. It has mostly Aqua songs and about two other songs from some other people to help fill up the cd when I did it. I don’t know what the US had against their songs. They just picked up on the “Barbie” song and that was it for them. I got like three or so of their other albums, and I think that just about all of their songs are pretty good. I got it plugged in for power so I won’t whittle away my battery power. Considering they cost another small fortune also.

Well that is it so far. Lunch is too far away, but it’s a good thing I have break in like 25 mins. I’m sooo hungry. I ate breakfast at 7:15 and that was a small bowl of cream of wheat. I knew I should have gotten a sandwich one I got to the pier and found out that I had a min or two before boarding, but I didn’t have any money with me anyway. I had just enough to pay for the boat ride over.

Well time to look like I’m doing something worth the pay they are giving me, even thought it’s not my fault that I don’t have a profile.

See ya.

PS…. I have a back blog to post. Check back like 2 posts to find it.

Ok… warp up.

During lunch I was able to do some normal telephone orders, not that I got anything normal. I had to reject 3 because their account wasn’t found in the system, and we can’t place orders in the other program, so I had to leave a note for the person to contact AT&T directly. The same for this other one that had something to with fiber on premises. I got 3 confirmed and one on hold. I needed Ronald’s help in figuring out what this error message ment, but he didn’t come over, I’ll have to try and get him to help me today.

Yesterday, the only real set of orders Udorna did was DSL orders. No one has showen me how to do it, but they will have too soon.

Started to walk home in the dark last night. I don’t like it, but the bus was on the way, and met us before the first bridge. I got dropped off a town and everyone else was then taken home in the other direction.

I had to catch up with a slow moving bus just after the rain came down on me as I got out of the first bus to take me home. I was the only one in there all the way here. Sometimes I feel bad being the only one in the bus, but it’s not my fault, that is just how it turns out.

Well there was just about no dinner, and I fell asleep with out washing the container that Jhodie packed my lunch in for me yesterday. I’m going to hope that I can find my other bowl and a fork and pick up something to go with something that I got in St. Kitts.

Today’s wake up was all wrong. First, someone messed with my clock so I went off way to early, but I didn’t move because no one else around me did. Then when I realized that no one else was moving I check it. It was almost 25 mins fast.

It also turns out that since Lynn doesn’t have work for what ever reason, she wasn’t really rushing anyone else to get ready. So the normal clatter wasn’t there to make me get out of bed. I have to go get ready, it’s 8:07 and I don’t want to late. It’s set to be a rainy day, and I don’t like getting wet.

At least I’ll have music with me at work today. But I still got board and almost fell asleep yesterday and I had the music. It was because I just about didn’t have anything to do. Well let’s see how this days turns out shall we.

No comments:

Post a Comment