September 18, 2006

I'm still here.

Ya, I know I said Saturday... but my uncle's computer needed help... just like I need some food and sleep now.

Let's see.

Last week we were on the floor for our three days of nesting. That means our teacher is there with us as we process live orders. Ofcourse the things that they really should have been teaching you, you weren't taught. So we are still learning how things go up until today.

I can't do much work because someone took me out of the system on Tuesday or something. So I've been sharing the work load with another girl. She sits next to me, and we swap out ever so often, so she could just not do any for a while, and I get to do some, so when I get my profile back I can't say I forgot everything.

Thursday was our best day so far, we got like 20 something compleated. There are two major things that hold up the orders from being prossed quickly if at all. One, a $50 advance payment that not everyone has to pay. No one knows they have to pay it until we process it. Then we have to call people who are happy to hear that, and the bad phones we have or the connection, doesn't help. Then there is the addrsses. I can't really blame them, people, for this one. If you have always called something one name, and no one has ever corrected you, then you would beleive that that is the name of the street, and then the post office may have another slight differnt name for the place that they keep to themselves. At least until we came in.

We use the street list that the post office has and try to match it with that the clients have on they orders, but if we can't get the computer to say this place really is there, and we can't get a hold of the client, or we do get a hold of the client and they swear that this is the right address, we can't finish processing it.

If you are moivng to CA, get your new address verified by the PO if you can and pay down $50 credit on your new phone to help matters if you can afford it at the time.

Well that is how my week went... oh, other han that, I got my "pension"... I thik I told you about that. Well it really cleared. In some part of my mind I was expecting it not to. Then I got my pay on Friday, but I didn't get really get to spend it on what I wanted until today. Granted it payed for my boat ride to and from St. Kitts. And I picked up one or two snacks and some noddles, and we got something on Saturday to eat. Didn't really do anything on Sunday other than try and fix uncle ray's computer. I ended up taking out the hard drive and putting it into one of my gateways. The one was using really since it was the only one that had memory.

Now I hear that he wants to buy it off of me. Fine. I'll take $300 EC for it. And if I find more memory for it, I'll give it to him for free. He's getting ready to start up and whole sale place down here. Which we kinda need. We have others, but they all get their stuff from Ram's. He will be getting his stuff from other places at better prices I'm sure. I won't be too surprised if I ended up helping out. Which I won't mind I think at this moment.

Today I got myself a cell phone. Yep. I'm no longer the last one on the two islands not to have a cell phone. I just have to get voice mail. Maybe. I'm thinking that I can live without it since the phone lets me know when I've missed a call because my phone had to be off. We can't have our cell phones on when we are at work. At least you can't let anyone hear it ring.

The phone I got wasn't bad. For me that is. I'm sure if I tell you about it, you would say that old thing? It doesn't even have colour. It cost me $69. That was more then I what I wanted to spend since I still have to pay off my bed from the money I have left.

Jhodie got Nika some new shoes. She got some new school shoes for Nika from Phillys two days after school started, but they just fit her, also it was her only pair, so I didn't make fuss. I'm even ready to try some draggers. I haven't worn any since I was like 10 or something like that. My father would make such fuss with me, with how I walked that I hurt my feet and brok them. I haven't tried to wear a pair since. But now I need to get some to air out my feet.

Well I was about to kill lynn tonight. I came here thinking she would living on the computer and half cooking dinner. I could live without her cooking. I have before and I can and I will after I stop living here, but it looked like I was locked out of the bed room. The bedroom that had my clouths, my food, my soap, my pillow, did I say my clouths???

I called my sister to ask her what the heck lynn was thinking. She then told me to go check next door and ask for the copy of the key she left with them. After having ants eat my toes to their content I got a 4 keys and ofcouse the last one I used worked. I took the other one back, and told her that I was keeping the one that worked to make a copy for myself. I don't even know where to get that done. I will have to ask around. I don't even think..... hmmm. I think I know where, and I have to go there to pay of my bed.

Well my shift is now 10 am till 7pm, but tomomorw it will be 9 till 6 because it's a holiday. I think.

See ya. No spell checking or anything. I know what I ment to say, I think I was able to say most of it.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment