September 02, 2006

Week Wrap Up (a little messy)

Hi,

I know I’m late in writing.. but I really didn’t get a chance to use the computer in Nevis this week.

I was on there last night, but that was to install her printer, and to add on to a business letter for a friend of hers.

Two days this week we were late in catching the bus, but he backed up for us.

Twice, someone else from clear harbor helped me catch a bus to keep me from getting there late. But on Monday there was no helping it. I got ready and ran out of the house to get to the pier to catch the 7:30 boat, to get there to find out that there wasn’t a 7:30 boat, so I had to wait for the 8:00 one. Which left 17 past, which took about 45 mins to get to Nevis, then there was the catching of the bus to get to Brown Hill and work. They didn’t make any fuss with me. I said almost as soon as I came in why I was late, and it went by ok. I think it’s because everyone knows that the boats are odd these days. I think that I will be getting the 6am one to get over to Nevis come Tuesday morning. Monday we have off because it’s a US holiday.

Over all, this week was better than last week. I had to side step a spot in the bath room so my feet won’t get wet. This stopped two things from happening. One, I didn’t get cold feet, and I don’t like having wet cold feet. And two, I don’t have wet feet to help me slide and fall on her fully tiled floor. I’ve slipped twice I’m sure when getting out of the shower and getting to the bed room to get dressed. I don’t want to slip and fall and break more than just one her tiles.

I nicely avoided having to really buy anything this week. I did have to buy a bottle of dish liquid to wash the dishes, so that made me short in bus money. So that night I had to call and ask Jhodie to put $20 on the bank for me so I could pay for a bus ride to and from Lynn’s house the next day. Lucky me, that was the night that I found half of my pay check on the bank. If it had been my full paycheck, I would known where it came from, but because it was only half, I was thinking that the bank messed up again, and might be giving me money that I wasn’t suppose to have. I took off a little extra just in case. Oh, before that. I was in town and I went to the only ATM that I knew of the get the $20 that Jhodie should have put on there for me earlier in the day, to have it show me and out of order notice. Great. I was $1 short of having enough money to get home that night.

At first I thought of going to one of the other banks and using their ATMs. Granted it would take $8 out of my account for using it, but I thought better of it since I didn’t have $8 to give away. Maybe there was another ATM for my back around here somewhere. So I went to the spot where I knew I would find a friend of Lynn’s who knew me, and I found here there too. I asked her. She said that other one was at the airport. The Airport ?!?!? The airport was about a village way from where I was staying with Lynn. Great. So she gave me $2 to help me get a bus home, and I was thinking of asking Lynn for $4 to get to town, hoping that when I did get into town the next day, the ATM would be working again. If not I could just go inside, and get it that way.

But lucky me, that guy that I ended up typing up that letter for, came by and gave me a lift home. He gave me more than a lift home. He gave me a lift to the Airport where I got money out of the ATM after messing with it for like 6 mins. I had to put it back into the thing like 5 times. The first time it worked just fine, but I was so surprised at seeing $300+ and not know what to do with a touch screen, that I took it back out with out getting any money. The next time it didn’t see my card until the next time I put it back in and then took it out. This time I punched in too much and when I told it to cancel, so I could do it again, it spit my card back out, then after another 1 min of messing with the slot and the card I finally go it right, and I took off $60.

So now you have just about caught up with the money thing. As soon as I got home I had to call Jhodie to see if she knew what was going on with the account. She had just gotten her own ATM card for the account around Wednesday that week. When she called me back, she gave me the idea that it might be my pay. But my pay is suppose to be more. I have to pay about $320 to pay for this month. Which I still can’t pay, because I need to get a cell phone, so I don’t have to look for the three pay phones that I know about in town. Also I need it for when people need to get a hold of me. People meaning Jhodie and work.

I was going to unlock the phone my mother sent me. I was starting to get use to it too, but it’s going to cost me $100 to get up and going down here, where as I can get one of the new phones that they are currently selling and get $20 put on for about $49. I think I’ll get that since I need to get a phone, and I told my work place that I was going to get one when I got paid.

The money for Hosford won’t be what I want it to be. I owe $300 something, but I’m only going to be able to pay about $200. Next month will be easier since I would have a whole month of pay to pay stuff off with. I can even make some of it up by adding one a bit more.

I so can’t get a place of my own for a while. At least no until I’ve paid off two of the three items I have for Hosford. Speaking of which. I still went looking for a place after work because we got let go early because our training systems went down, and our trainer had to leave early.

Anyway. I found a room to rent over a store and it was $450 a month. I think that covered the small $35 gas tank that you used for the small stove that I would have gotten with the room. $450 sounds nice, but I still can’t cover that, and I really can’t cover that this month.

Oh, I got off track with the money thing. Well, I was going to ask about it during lunch at work, but I didn’t have to. She gave us a check for the other half of our pay. The accounting department had a hiccup or something, but normally our check will be sent in whole to the bank.

Today I felt so hungry. I had to buy breakfast because I didn’t want to open my milk and come back to find it gone, and besides, I didn’t have time to eat breakfast at the house. We were late for the bus today. But that was mostly because I waited for her to find her key so she could lock her room. I paid the bus driver for the four days. It turned out to be less then I expected, which is always good. Some people charge $3.50 to get there, while others ask for $4.

Well, while I was paying for breakfast I decided to get the cheapest patty that they had to eat with my lunch, just to add something to the soup that I was having once again. I’ve had soup for lunch every day this week I think, but I don’t remember what I had on Wednesday.

I ended up eating the patty before lunch, along with my stack and I went and got a candy bar for the first time this year. I half wanted to get a small Pringles, but I couldn’t spend $3.50, so I spent $2.50 instead for the Snickers.

Last night I couldn’t stay up past 11. I was falling asleep in Lynn’s room so I had to set up my bed in the living room and just go to sleep. I was out before the show I was waiting for came on.

I’ve completely failed to help the guy this week. The one girl that I had in mind for the job, I had to go though her mother. As I was telling her, I realized, that I didn’t want this job. I turned down this job to be here in Nevis. I don’t want to go to someone who didn’t ask me to come to them and try to sell them something. The mother said that she didn’t think that her daughter would want to do that. Besides, they were talking about her doing her last year of high schools.

Down here you finish school when you want to. Kinda like the US, but there is no great “You have finished High school” party, bash, and ceremony. I would be in your favor sometimes to go all the way, but you can more or less stop when you stop and try and get a job somewhere. Most just try and past some the CXC exams, then get a job, and you can take them at any level in high school. Just don’t quote me on that.

It seems I don’t know that much about these two islands. They, the class, has been answering all these questions for the trainer about St. Kitts and Nevis, and ofcourse there are things that I had no clue about it, and the stuff I thought I knew about was a just a small part of the story.

Ok, I’ve come to the end of three pages. I typed this up in MS word so it would catch most of my mistakes as I typed them. It’s 1:49am and I’m ready for bed. Bed being the couch since Nika took over my bed, and I left my fan in Nevis. The only other place that has a fan is the living room and it’s been very hot this week.

I know that I’ve left off a bunch of things, but if you really want to know, there is the commit section, and if you happen to be something of a friend, then you would have my e-mail address.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment