July 12, 2007

I'm Here.

Ya...

I'm here. I'm on land, I'm in NY, I'm ON LINE!

I have a few things to do, but I will say this.

My uncle came for us early on Tuesday morning. We weren't the only ones at the air port like I thought we were going to be. It turned out to be a busy flight day. Our fight was early, and it was just by luck we got there in time.

We got to San Juan earlier because the fight showed up early, and then we thought that we had to check in our luggage in for or next flight despite the fact that it wasn't until 5pm that afternoon and it was just like what? 11am? Oh, we got our temp green cards before we got out luggage. It didn't take anywhere near the length of time we were told. It was maybe 30 mins?

We found a luggage storage space just before we checked in, so we could go out and check out some of the island. Our problem was that we forgot that nothing is near an airport and being in a Spanish speaking place, we couldn't get to where we wanted to go, and didn't know how easily it was going to be to get back in time to check in for or next flight.

So we didn't go anywhere, and just walked around the place. This put a strain on us after a while. Jhodie and I hadn't slept since Monday night. I walked around because I couldn't sit on the floor in my skirt, unlike Jhodie and Nika who wore pants,and I left Jhodie combing Nika's hair. When I came back they were both asleep. Nika out on the floor with her head on Jhodie's leg, and Jhodie with her fingers just at the end of one of the plats on Nika's head.

We ate something at McDonald's, and that helped to keep me awake, but at 3pm we decided to get a porter to get our stuff our stuff from storage for checking in. To get them there it was $6, to take them to check it was $9 I think. The storage was $19 or so, I'm not sure. It wasn't all for nothing, we couldn't have been walking around with them for all that time, but get this, after the whole scanning and checking in and passing though the detectors after standing in a very long line, we found more stuff on the other side for us to look at and such. Thinking back we should have checked in earlier, if for nothing more then for sitting in a chair. There are no chairs to sit in before you check in for your flight. I just took a nap, I needed it, and we got some things to snack on, and Nika got in trouble with Jhodie, near the end of our waiting time.

Jhodie and I had a lot of naps on the plane to NJ. We had a nice "dinner" and we were once again mentally upset at people who just threw away food. There was the fight that most of the passengers had with the dripping AC and the very cold temp of the aircraft. Jhodie was cold, I was cramped and Nika... was Nika. Nika didn't have many naps, and was cranky near end of the flight and when we were at the air port waiting for Phillys. That name you be seeing a lot of now. A new player.

I called the apt to tell mommy that we were here and to find out how long ago Phillys left to come get us. She was suppose to come get us with her friend who had a van. It cost me $1 to call, and she left an hour ago. She didn't show up anytime soon. It was over an hour before she found us, and without her friend and his van.

We then had to pay for a taxi to take us and our stuff to Brooklyn. If she had come for us in the van we would have found her waiting for us outside. It took maybe an hour if that long to get to the apt. I'm guessing 50 mins.

We got home around 1:20am or so and mommy had some salt fish and johnny cakes for us. We didn't eat as much as she expected. I may just have some tonight before I go to bed.

Either which way, I was told that I would be staying in the room with my mom and her friend. She is a lady from the church who is staying here while she sorts out a house that she is getting, or something like that.

Phillys is just a pain. I'm sure I made some complainants about her when she visited us in St. Kitts and it really hasn't changed, and may have even gotten worst.

Now I'm starting to feel hungry. Well we are here, and I'm letting people know that I'm here, and I'm ok, and things should be getting back to normal, at least my on line life, very soon.

I should be eating if not sleeping now. It's now 12:07 and Jhodie and Phillys just got back from the gym.

Night.


=======================

http://jhoye.blogspot.com


- There I share my life.

- There I have links to what use to be my life.

- There you can find out what I might want out of life.


TV dinner still cooling?
Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment