July 26, 2007

Walking, walking, walking

Let's see.

I don't remember what we did on Monday, but I think I covered that day already.

On Tuesday, we went to get our SSNs, but forgot our passports, so we just picked up a few forms and walked around. We went by a 99cent store that we had seen last week I think, and got a few things. One being a family of rubber duckies for Nika and I got some rice cakes that turned out to be sweet. Nika took one that night and Phillys walked off with a few the next morning.

That girl would knock you down if she doesn't cause you to loose your hearing first over touching her things, but she has every right to take and use anyone else's stuff. I didn't really mind that much. I got them to be eaten, and with my Metro Week Pass, I can go spend another $1.08 or what every they cost and get another one before the week is out.

The next day we went back to get our SSNs and we expected to wait forever. We had like 4 newspapers, a pile of coupons and even a coloring book for Nika. Heck, I didn't get though the first newspaper before we were allowed upstairs. We had to ditch all food. We were allowed to keep the water, but he nail clippers had to go, I hid them on the top of a bookcase in the lobby.

I don't know how much more to tell. No cams were allowed and there were other rules. I can say this. The wait wasn't that long before we were seen, the place was clean, and Jhodie took longer then I did, and we will get our SSNs in two weeks.

When we came out, it was still early, so we went to find the clinic so I could get an appointment to get my shot. I would have done it sooner, but I didn't get the week pass until Tuesday. The day after I was set to get my next shot, and I had to SSN thing to do.

Well we went the wrong way. We walked about 12 blocks in the wrong direction. The only things that came out of it was that we got Nika tired, but she she went to sleep too early and woke up at 10pm, just as Jhodie got back from the gym. We also found a nice pizza place and we looked around a thrift store.

We then tried to go to NYU and failed. We got to Manhattan and came out at China Town, but then we just walked in all the wrong directions once we left the first street we took to go towards Washington Square. When we gave up and took a bus to go home. We found out we had gotten turned around and were walking back to China Town. We took the M1 down to Bowling Green and took the D to Atlantic and then took the 4 home.

Today we were on our own. Jhodie was going to take Nika to the library and I had to find the clinic. So we left together at mins to 2 and we got to the library at about 17 past. Nika had already missed the story part of her time at the library and just did the craft part I heard later. I went and caught the B41 and stayed on it until it ended. I then walked, what could be called, east from there, and aimed for Flatbush. I had a small detour thanks to a police block aid. I ended up having to walk though Metro Tech. I stopped to read their map, but it was just making me dizzy. So I gave up and just went the way I knew would get me back to where I was going.

As I walked thought I wondered if I would be able to fit in here. Once I got back to where I should be I started to walk away from Fulton Mall thinking that down there was 1 so I had to walk this way to get to 295.

I walked past a 6 lane street and read 61, I then read 40. Ha?? Great!  Who counts like this? It didn't help that a whole bunch of other streets crossed this one and I wasn't even sure where Flatbush was until I had walked 3 blocks in the wrong direction it turned out. Great. I started to walk back but before I found out that the street does something else to me, I asked a traffic cop where 295 was. He said that it was back that way and on the other side. I said thanks and ran across a few lanes.

I think I found the building. The doors were boarded up and there was "do not enter" tape across what looked like new walkways. Then someone in a car passing by asked if I wanted to go inside. I said yes and she told me that I had to go around to the back. I went around back and there I saw 295.

They had a list of what was one each floor, but I wasn't sure about two of them, so I went by one and they said that the floor I wanted was on the 3 floor. I said thanks and went there, but I couldn't get in from the stair well, so I had to go back to the other floor and use the elevator.

Once I got to the floor things went by ok and quickly. Just one, more or less, snag. I was only suppose to be on the drug for 2 years. Ha? Heath reasons. Ok... I've been on for like 6 years now. They may try to get me go on another form of birth control. I may not take it if it doesn't stop my cycle.

Now I just have to go back with a letter saying that my mom is supporting  me and I get my shot tomorrow at 12:30pm.

When I was heading to the subway, that I didn't even know was there until I checked the map when I was leaving, I came across IDC. Institute of Design and Construction. They say that I can take single courses, but I said I was going for a degree. So it will be 2 1/2 years and I get an associate degree when I'm done. http://www.idc.edu

So far, it hasn't freak me out that I was getting in over my head like in other colleges and universities. I think I could do this and come out rather well at the other side. And it's not a whole 4 years like I thought before, and I could take courses at other college that I wanted without doing the whole degree like I thought I had to.

I know I was suppose to take English also, but I don't want to teach kids, but then who said I had to? I'll see.

They gave me a FinAid form to fill out, and the guy said that I could get approved in 1 week if I meet what ever they need me to meet. Class doesn't start until the 10th of September the guy said, and technically I could apply on the 9-10th of September and still start classes on time. I'm thinking of doing this one.

I then walked to the subway. I like the place and I helped a guy get into the subway. He had two cards, but they were empty.

I felt like going to Manhattan, but I went on a rid to Conny Island instead. There I saw the new look of the station, and went to a store to get a drink and some muffins. Then when I was leaving, one of the guys that was hanging round the place, I think he worked there, tried to talk to me. I smiled but kept on walking. I half didn't stop because of his age. Then it hit me when I was going back into the station. I'm not that young anymore. As sad as it may be. But no great loss, and I'm not looking for anyone anyway. G has to say that he doesn't want me when he sees me next year before I start looking for anyone new.

Well I got home and my thighs hurt. I should have worn pants. Oh well.

I start my two weeks trial at Ballys on Monday. I was going to start today, but I'm not going to add more pain to what I'm feeling right now. Jhodie wants me to try the sauna.

We'll see.

Dinner was left overs from yesterday. Jhodie just made come gravy to go with it. Mom cooked yesterday. We came home and she was finishing up. A lot of veggies, grilled chicken, and wheat pasta with a cheese sauce. I know, I shouldn't have eaten the cheese, but it was good. Besides, I'm fine, I guess something got balanced or it wasn't that much cheese, or it was a low fat cheese.

Night.



=======================

http://jhoye.blogspot.com


- There I share my life.

- There I have links to what use to be my life.

- There you can find out what I might want out of life.


Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment