October 17, 2017

I am still not home yet. Yet!

Delays. Delays. Delays. And another delay for good measure.

Now. Now I'm heading to Newark. We skimmed the outskirts on our way to NYC so we are mostly back tracking to a place we were over an hour ago so I can get off greyhound once and for all.

I was suppose to be home since 2:30-ish this afternoon. I was going to defrost some ground turkey and make some chili with a boat load of veggies in it and make some vegan cornbread to go with it.

I would put back some of the stuff into the bathroom. Oh, I may not have said this, and of I did, I'm saying it again. The first reason for me going to FL was so our landlord could fix/repair /renovate our bathroom. I took my time to clear it out. Take out trash and even swept the floor knowing that they were going to be ripped up and what happens?

Nothing. NOTHING.

My sister called him the night before we were leaving to ask how things were going. We expected them to not be done and we would be using the bathroom upstairs.

But no. He says that he wants to deal with the people upstairs first. I thought that they had already moved out. But it seems like they have turned into squatters.

Fine, it makes sense, but he did not tell us this. He has our phone numbers. He lives below us. He should have said something.

Would I have still gone to FL? Maybe. Most likely. But I wouldn't have been dreaming of a new bathroom the whole time. It wouldn't have been a listed reason for the trip.

... (breathing)

So when I was told about our next and hopefully last delay getting to Newark, I left the line. I said I was going upstairs to pay for the 107 to take me home. But my fist stop was the bathroom. It was better than I expected. Then at the top of the escalator I saw something that reminded me that I had to buy a new power cord for my phone. The other one isn't working and my phone died on the way. I had to ask this guy who got on back in Baltimore if he had a charging cable I could use. Lucky for me he did.

That is how I have power now and when my brother called to chat. We are all bad at keeping in touch.

So, I spent $23 on a new power cord and went back down to wait for greyhound since already paid them to get me to Newark. I am now looking at the night time skyline of NYC as we head into Jersey.

Later.

Sent from my Windows Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment