October 20, 2017

I don't know if I'm a lier or if I saved a situation.

There was no way for me to meet my friends on this trip even though I tried with the first one and ran out of time, money and needing to actually feel like I was on vacation/holiday. 

The first friend understand and I told him I would just try another time. Then I realized I was being too ambitious considering how much time and money I had. So I was going to take a trip to just see each friend and spend the rest of my time here with my sister. It wasn't so bad. It was cold in the convention center and I ended up walking so much, that I just laid in bed the next day to let them heal up. I almost made it to the pool that I didn't know was there until I looked out. Not that I even owned a swimming suit. But it was nice to think I could have floated out there for a bit if I did.

So I started to think about the next time I could try this. And I remembered how someone at work said that they were talking their birthday off. So I think I could do the same and do this around mid January. I hate winter and I would get away from it for a week or so, and I will book well in advance for a cheap flight and then the bus to go down to the Keys. 

So then I did the scariest thing so far this trip and it beats out sleeping on the street in Atlanta waiting for the 8am bus to Orlando. I called my friend in the Keys. My poor heart. That statement alone must clue you in to the fat that I don't just think of him as a friend. Would he remember me. Would he want to see me. 

I believe the answer is yes. He honestly sounded happy to hear from me. He said he would make time to see me. I was so nervous that once I told him that I was thinking of coming down around my birthday after asking how he weathered the hurricane, I said goodbye without leaving him my number. So now that I'm siting in greyhound station waiting for my bus, called to leave my number and he answers the phone and I'm a wreak again at hearing him not to mention that he called called me something endearing like Dear or Sweets. Too surprised that he answered to note what he called me other than he called me something sweet and I could hear the smile in his voice as he talked with me and took my number. He once again confirmed when I was coming and I melted and rocked on my chair at his intrest. 

Next will be my friend in Milton. It just about goes without saying, but depending on what happens in the Keys, will dictate what happens in Milton. 

At least now I have more time to make myself plan how to get to and from each place. Maybe instead of going through Mobile, Alabama like I was trying to do for my friend in Milton, I will come from the right this time. As for the Keys, greyhound can't be the only way in. If it is, maybe I just get as close as I can and he can come pick me up. 

At least it is all possible now. I all I have to do is survive Black Friday through new years. I think I'll put in for that week when I get back. As for my Milton trip, I'm thinking about 4 months after my Keys trip would be a good time. Maybe 5 months. I still have bills to payoff and I really don't think I would have gott n them to where I want them before then. 

So. How was my trip(s) over all? Not bad. Once I stopped looking at it as a destination thing and a travel thing, it was mostly good. Could have done without sleeping outside, I survived. :)

I like FL even if people think they need to live in AC all the time. I liked the heat. I liked the sun and short buildings. I even saw a lizard. I didn't realize I hadn't seen one since I left home. It was a small little one. I like how you pay for the buses here and how parts of it is set up.

The transit people in NJ need to talk to other states and cities to improve themselves. I think I touched on that a bit with the pic I posted two days ago of the bus I took to meet up with my sister.

I was suppose to have oatmeal at the hotel, but I came down too late, so I had a chicken sandwich with fries instead 2 hours later. I got an apple and a muffin for later too. 

I think I will be queuing up in about 10 mins for my bus, but there is still a line there for another bus I think. If not, they started early. 

Later.



No comments:

Post a Comment