September 08, 2020

Day 6, and I’m ok.

 Missed the ‘r’ bus by 2 mins, but I wasn’t trying to catch it. But as I was walking across the street I realized that I was traveling rather light. Then remembered my jean jacket. Once the buses don’t try to freeze me, I’m fine with leaving it at work. I don’t wear it anywhere else. I bought it for work. They have this layering rule for wearing tee once it’s not summertime. 

Which for us started today. 

I was talking to my manager and we were talking about how I was just going to sleep for most of Saturday, but she said that I shouldn’t do that. She made a good case that had me thinking of going to the big park about 6 blocks from my new place so I use my new cam and justify the money I’m spending for it. I think it goes all the way down to the shoreline, so there is that. 

But I can feel that I won’t be able to actually just sleep the day away, but I may not have the drive to leave my house. 

When our state went into lockdown I didn’t start to think that I should get out for at least a walk for a month. 

Anyway. I did pay her back for my shirts and the link for the tic tok thing is on its way. 

I’m going to try to show up early tomorrow so I can lunch from the food truck. I miss their food. I thought that I was getting some today, but I forgot sound 10 is when the buses change from like 3 per hour to 2 per hour and not met the 1 per hour that I was expecting, which started at 11. 

Oh well.

The store felt so empty today. I had three days of at least 7 people up to 9 I think, to just 6 with only five of us on the floor. It felt like less and then I was mostly on register. It was odd. We were busy but it was a different kind of busy than what we had for the past three days. 

The mannequins have been stripped so we are updating the look and prop for the store this week. I did not request or was assigned to the over night shift who will setting all that up. I just realized I will have to stash my on hold items somewhere else than where I left them tonight. I left a hold tag with them. But they are not in an ideal place. I’m not buying them until I get paid on Friday. I only grabbed them because my manager was transferring them to the clearance store. 

Anyway, on my way home and amazingly my knee has started to feel normal again. I noticed it yesterday when I actually walked down the steps like a normal human being. So of course I have a new ache to take its place. But I’m dealing with it. My hand going numb on me is more of a pain right now. 

Well, later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment