November 19, 2005

Ghost Lab Tonight

It was kinda emptily tonight. For the last like 4 hours the most people that were in the lab tonight at one time was 4 people. Granted I did miss two boys in the corner study room when I was closing up. But that was their own fault. I sent out a closing message 10 mins before I started to turn off the lights.

The oddest thing happened. Well it wasn't that odd, just unforeseen. I had already done everything I was suppose to and was just about to pick up my bag to leave with the cleaners outside in the lab when a student came in and said.

"I know you're closing but can I print this out?" I just lived in amazement for like 3 seconds. Then I said sure. Then I mumbled to myself. We are closed. It was like 10 past already. Just as he sat down I saw a girl leave. She must have come from the bathroom. When did she walk past me? I went behind the desk to put back the key when I was leaving when it hit me. Do students just walk in and use the place when the cleaners are here?? As I'm thinking this a cleaner came and asked me about the student and about other students coming in. I told her that when he was done printing up his thing he was going to leave, and not to let anyone else in unless they wanted to use the bathroom. She told me how she had to already tell a student who came over into the library after it was closed and tried to take a few books. Now I think that I should stay and wait until he's finished before leaving. Granted it was already 15 past, and I'm cold, and I skipped dinner, so I was hungry also. But I waited. I don't want to put the cleaners in anything, and since he was here, and I was here still, I should make sure that he left before I did. So I stayed.

Then I walked up to a still very dark bus stop to catch a bus home. We had a power black out a few weeks back. The light went out and never came back, and no one had looked at fixing it as far as I can tell. I caught one in good time, and got home ok. It was only as we were nearing my stop that I realize that he had buzzers installed so that you didn't have to shout from the back of the bus to let him know when to stop to let you out. I didn't have to use it since I was sitting right behind him, but I wanted to know what it sounded like. It was a very sharp zap sound. I hit the button before my stop at the right time, but he stopped too soon thinking that I wanted off then and there.

I came home and heated up some leftover cookup from yesterday, and my back died on me. I don't know why, but almost as soon as I was in the house and out of my clothes, my back started to hurt me.

Nika was still awake when I got home. She went to bed around 11:40 I think. Jhodie just went in. It's 1:10am now. I have to go to bed soon. I have to be up to look after Nika until Jhodie gets back from work again, but by then I should be starting to get ready for work.

Today she cut it close. She walked in 4 mins until 2. She said that the place she cleaned today was dirtier than normal.

Oh, I almost forgot. I did go to town today with Nika. Jhodie left $20 for me to take Nika to Kidzone. They have small type toys and they have burgers, sandwiches, fries, drinks, and ice cream. We all thought that Nika wanted to go into the bounce room. It was $5 for 5 mins. Nika didn't like it and didn't stay in there 60 seconds. She stayed on a very mini rollercoaster ride instead. She even started to count down before pushing herself off. That ride was only $3 for 5 mins. So the $5 went for that instead. Then she got an ice-cream sandwich, and we left to get her some more rubbers for school. I think the kids at school at stealing them for her, or just flat out weren’t remembering to give them back to her. So we are now telling her not to lend them out to the other kids. So she can keep the ones I just got her.

We made it back just after 1pm. I was hoping that it wasn't too late since I had to get ready for work. If I didn't stopped to eat something, I would have been standing at the door waiting for Jhodie to come home.

Oh, lucky me, my uncle gave me lift to work. He's just seeing the dorms. They are now two stories high. He's asking if it's been so long since he gave me lift over here that he is just noticing them.

What else happened today? Well I got two interesting e-mails. One was work related, and the other was from a very old friend of mine. I sent out a mass e-mail to my friends and picked out a few people to say a few things to and he was one of them. They never send me an e-mail on their own, but at least I know that they do read my few e-mails that I send out every now and again. He just got married. Ofcouse I wasn't told of this pending event, but then I'm not sure I'm even in his address book.

The other e-mail was from my boss asking about a link in clubs. I didn't know what it was suppose to be, but by looking it, I knew it wasn't a real link. I never made that path. So I went looking for what it could be. I found it and couldn't believe that I hadn't erased the links yet. I knew that "club" died years ago. If it's still going, I haven't seen hide or hair of it.

I guess I should say something about this. My sister called me up tonight and told me that immigration had called and notified mommy that our papers are now in Barbados. We will be notified in a few months. I wasn't as happy as I would have been if I had gotten this call say like 7 years ago, if any thing I considered it inconvenient. I have a year and half left to finish paying off my couch set. I have to find someway of getting like $7,000 for traveling. I was planning on asking the bank for the money. But how do I ask a bank for money when I plan on leaving the country for like 2 years.

I don't think that my resume looks that great either. If I can't transfer to Ross in the Jersey office or some part of Devey near where I live I'm going to be jobless, and who knows for how long. I don't want to be unemployed at 29.

Ok.. I'm getting off now. Who knows, I may get a similar job state side working for a college. A teacher who just got back said that I seem to know a bit more than the computer help people at the college he just came from. That's nice, but how true is it??

Going to spell check now.

Ok, spell checked and such and it’s 2:11am now.

I’m going to bed.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment