November 24, 2005

I've strapped myself in.

Ok, it's 11:41pm. I've come from next where I just went to check in on her system, and I ended up crashing it. It's like my fate recently. Anything I try and update date seems to crash on me. First it was my uncle's router, now it's the cd-rw drive for the lady next door. I do question the presence of an anti-virus program on that computer thou. I'm set to go back tomorrow after work to see if I can get it back for her. At least I fixed a few things on her computer before I came home.

Work was ok. I did forget what day it was, but other than that, it went along fine. At 5 I was starting to wonder why the LRC was empty. Everyone went home, except a few strays, for thanks giving dinner.

Let’s see. I got to work at my normal time. Then I went to see a teacher about a few things. Then I ended up talking to two other teachers and helping them out. I still haven't found who gave me a crio surgery tape. I need to find out who gave it to me so I can include it in the description of the tape. I might have figured out who it is with the help of another teacher, but that teacher wasn't in his office when I went to see him.

I don't really know what I did for most of the day, but I know that I wasn't goofing off that much. I helped a bit with getting some drivers for a reinstall. I talked to that girl from yesterday about her computer again today. I knew it wasn't going to work, so I was ready with an answer that was shot down. She didn't say anything about anyone else, but she wasn't the only one in the house with wireless and her's was the only one not working. I even plugged it into the cable modem to see if I can do an online scan for some kind of virus, but it couldn't get an ip address to get on line. So now I'm telling her to do a repair, then if that didn't work then all we had left to do was a full clean install. First she is going to make a backup of her stuff. I hunted down some icons after I thought of changing the pic I had for e-mail on our site. I ended up changing the ones on the "Tips for using this site" page. I cleaned up the front desk. I had some pop corn around 5:30. But somehow I don't know what I did for like an hour. I did make some other web fixes.

Oh, the pop corn I got from St. Jean. I sneaked it out of his office with his ok when I was leaving.

The guy who took over the night shift came in a little 6. He was at a funeral for his Aunt. He said that he was sorry he was late. I told him I expected him at 6, so it was fine. Then as I was ready to leave, he came in and told me how the ATM stole his money. He went to get $80 and it took it back before he could touch it, but it was taken from his account all the same. He went to the main branch to let them know about and to get his $80 when he told that a lady came in just before him and told them the same thing. She lost $800 that way. I'm guessing it was rent money.

My sister just used tested out the bread maker. It's not bad. From mixing the dough all the way to a finished baked good in an hour. Not bad.

Ok.. I think that's it. I'm off to bed. It's 1:48am now. I may have strapped myself down to writing the blog tonight, but I was still able to set myself free to get something to eat, and a few times I had to lift the laptop up so it could cool off. Or I just flat out stopped typing to watch something on tv.

Well Nighty, night.

Tomorrow night I'll be all alone for two nights. Jhodie and Nika are going to Nevis tomorrow at 4 and they will be coming back Sunday night.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment