November 17, 2005

Long Time No See I Know.

I came by early to blog, but I ended up doing some work somewhere else instead.

Let's see if I can make this a short list.

Two Saturdays ago, I hurt my back by walking half a mile home one night when I thought why not walk it when I had to get out of the bus for someone else to get out. I got home as a shaking, deep breathing, muscle spasming mess. Not as bad as the time I walked home from town and up a very large hill to get KFC for my sister as the buses stopped running, but it hurt. I might not have hurt myself that much if I wasn't moving boxes earlier that day at work. They had taken everything up off the floor because the floor was going to be cleaned 6am Saturday. I felt like I had to put some of it way that day, and my back held up fine even though I almost dropped a printer. I should just have left them now that I look back on it. So what if I saved the guy from having to climb up on a chair and take down a print toner from 10-12 feet up. They were stacked on the counters.

Sunday I got off the bus as close to my house as it could get. At work earlier that shift I was coughing a bit. I knew a cold was coming. Oh, remembered something else. Our router died at 3am when I was going in to bed. I had the computer set to finish download something, but when I looked over at the modem, the lights weren't blinking. I checked it and it was dead. It took another day or so of banging it after doing all the reboot and software things I knew. We have to get another one. Great.

Monday I felt fine, I even went to pick up Nika from school. I think she told Jhodie that she wanted me to come and get her. I walked into the school. It's not like a closed building in the US. I walked though a gate, pass one class room on the first floor, walked across a paved patch of land to her class room on the other side. I looked in the class room, and the kids, who I didn't know, were asking from their seats if I came for Nika. She got her stuff and walked out the classroom, and we walked home together. Even if it was only a block.

Tuesday my cold started to set in. Only two things happed that day that was worth remembering since I only really remember two things. One, I went to use the laptop in the bed room to watch some anime. I don't remember what it is now. Second, when I was trying to watch this anime, I got a call from a teacher looking for home computer help. Some how he locked his newly acquired laptop that runs winxp home. I had to look how to do that on this laptop. The laptop wasn’t taking any passwords that it was being given so they called me up to get it off or to restart it. They also found out that I was sick this way. His wife thought that I was home from work because of the cold. I just let her know that I already had the day off.

Wednesday. I had my sister call in sick for me. Ofcouse that day I got e-mail at work. I checked my mail that night, but I didn't answer any of it back. I was going to say to some of them that they will be posted the next day when I got in. I also had a meeting that day with the shrink on the website for Ross Events. I was sick so I wasn't going to talk work to anyone.

Thursday I seemed a bit worst. I thought that I was going to work that day. I really did. I was up until 2:30am, I cleaned up a bit, I was felling better. Then I woke up. The cold was attacking my throat, and I had headaches. I would cough then cry out in pain, then there was the headache. It came to me later in the day, like 6pm, why was I suffering from headaches. Don't they have pills for that? Oh ya, pills don't work on me. By 7 or 8 I was starting to feel ok again. But in the off chance that I woke up and something else plagued me, I told Jhodie to call in to work and tell them that she was keeping me home against my will because I was still ill, and could get someone at work sick. I really didn't want to call in another day sick. She had gotten me some halls which helped. Now I remember. I have some in a draw at school. I could have used one today.

Friday I went in to work. I was ok, but still played off the fact that I was still sick but I came into work because I had to. One girl who had sent me e-mails over the past two days came in to see why I hadn't made the web changes that she had sent me. After I told her that out sick for two days and she started to turn around and said that she hoped I felt better soon. She's nice. She's the girl that I help setup the website for Hill's with. We then had a bunch of e-mails going back and forth for the next two days trying to get a few things sorted. Which just reminded me of something I need to do tomorrow. I may have to send myself an e-mail about it. (didn’t have to, and got it done)

Saturday and Sunday. I don't really remember. I'm not sure what I did. I remember the weekend before, but not much about the one that just passed. I know I had noodle soup one if not both nights. I'm sure I was cold. Oh.... End of Friday I was told I was being re-arranged. ?? They hired a new guy and they were shifting people around. Friday was mostly moving day. Tishon moved over to the other room with Collin. One of the J's moved where he was, I was able to get another desk and went to the other side of my desk. I thought that the desk I had was going to be taken out. Na ah. It was just given to the new guy. I got two desks and placed on the back side of that desk. I got more desk top space and no one coming into the room and see my screen off the bat. Which helps when I'm not doing work when I should be, but I'm pretty good at getting most of my work done before goofing off.

On Saturday I finished my move. I had emptied my draws on Friday, but I left moving the computers and monitor and such until Saturday. I was hoping that I didn't hurt my back doing it. I came out ok.

Sunday... no real clue what I did.

This past Monday was shopping day. Thought we did good, until I got home and my sister told me not to kill her over the lights bill. Now in her defense, the lights company was behind in sending out bills and sent out three or so bills in one month, so now we owe over $600. I almost did kill her until she reminded me about them being behind in sending out the bills. But $600?? Great, just great. Anything else? At least I think we are current with water and cable. Oh, the shopping bill wasn't as low as I would have liked. Like it ever is? Nika got a bunch of board games out of it. Just at Rams we spent I think $379. But that is for 3'ish people for 2 weeks.

Tuesday I don't think I did much. Jhodie had a job, but she had cramps and is going this Saturday instead. Oh, just remembered, I fell asleep early when watching Cash in the Attic on BBC America. I then woke up 3 hours later on my own from mosquito bites. I came out to the living room to see Jhodie asleep on the couch. I stayed up and watched some anime. One Tenchi movie, and the AMV of Emma. I started to watch the other Tenchi movie then I saw that it way too long, and it was already after 2pm. So I called it quits and went to bed since I had work the next day.

Wednesday, I was suppose to go to the clinic since I was sick last week Thursday when I was set to go, but I left to late to get there and get to work at a good time. So I just went to work instead. I stopped off at the shrink’s office to set up a time today for use to meet and get that bit of web work out of the way. We agreed on a time, then I came down and read my mail. I had to cover the library’s front desk because they were having a meeting. M would have covered it, but she's taking care of her new baby.

I don't like doing it. I'm so afraid of messing things up, but I did good. I just had to call up the shrink asked to have the time changed. I helped out a number of teachers that day. Some of that help is spilling over until this weekend.

Today I did more web work. I tried to work on a movie project that I got from a teacher, I may work on it again tomorrow. I burned a cd of ppts for a teacher after I shrunk them down so they could fit on the cd. I have to go give it to him tomorrow. I also have a stack of tapes to return to another teacher. I also worked on a laptop for a student. I didn’t waste much time trying to fix it since she was prepared to have it re-installed. I tried to do a repair instead to save her the hassle of putting everything back and such, but the problem wasn't fixed. I'm starting to think it was her hard drive. She may need a new one.

It's now 2:08am. I have to go pack up the rest of dinner. Putting some up for me to take to work tomorrow, and head in for bed for the last day shift of my work week.

My sister said that she was going to sweep my floor for me today, but I came home to see half my room changed. Now I have make space on my bed for me to sleep tonight. She also left the dirt from my room in the hallway for me to clean up. This morning she woke me up by blasting Disney songs. I came out to turn it down when "Under The Sea" from the "Little Mermaid" was going.

Well that is that I guess.

Yes, it's very riddled with bad, bad spelling and I'm sure I missed more than a few grammar mistakes. I'll fix them tomorrow when I have a break at work. It's just too late to do that now. Sorry.

Night, or morning. Whichever you like.

==========================

Ok, I came back and corrected.

See ya.

===========================

1 comment: