November 03, 2005

I have internet again.

I'm slightly marking this day, should have been yesterday really, with an interesting recipe.

Yesterday we got a new cable modem. Why did I get a new cable modem? Because two days before at 1am my old cable modem burned out on me.

The really good thing that I didn't expect at all, was that the cable company gave me a free replacement. Since that wasn't suppose to happen and we had it plugged into a surge protector, it was deemed faulty and replaced. Cool. :)

But we had to spend one night without internet. They couldn't replace it the next day for some reason. Interesting way to get me to clean up the kitchen don't you think??

I'm trying to talk my sister into writing up her recipes and I'll make a page just for them and link it back to the blog, but I haven't pinned her down yet, or dragged her away from her stories site to type one line yet. But I will make it happen.

Work related.
Not bad. Got into work earlier yesterday than I did today. I'm wearing one of my new skirts that my sister brought down for me. My long black one that I wanted to wear I couldn't. I forgot that it was a lint trap, and the sticky roller couldn't take any of them off. I have it sit and pick at it. I just have to remember that I have to do that, or I will never be able to wear that skirt again. :(

I helped out with out photo ID computer that has been down for weeks. It could have been finished yesterday if we had read the manual. :) ya. We went though 5 video capture cards, and would just tell us that it couldn't find a Twain device when we told it to get a pic.

I stayed back late trying to get it to go, and today we found out that all we had to do was tell the program what kind of video feed it was going to get. Collin will stop kicking himself tomorrow.

Yaaa...!! What am I so happy about?? I just upgraded to an ergonomic keyboard. :) Now I have to type right, and stop reaching for the b with my wrong hand. :) I can touch type, so it won't be that hard. I just have to get over the fact that I'm not using a flat keyboard anymore and my b now belongs to my other hand. *grin*

Ok. The time is now 4:56pm. In about two hours I'll be out of here, and Nika and Jhodie are coming to pick me up.

Earlier I was starving. I had some porrage at like 9:50am. I didn't think it was that early. I was so hungry, that I paid $10 for a turkey sandwich. I wanted tuna, but they were out. I didn't want egg for plane reasons, and I can't eat ham or cheese. So I paid $10 for something I would have paid $2 for back home in Brooklyn. Oh well. At least Jhodie said that she was cooking for sure tonight. *grin*

Ok, I think that I should get going now.

See ya.

Oh, I'll be showing off a picture later.

http://www.recipezaar.com/143668

--
Recipezaar: Where the recipes are.
http://www.Recipezaar.com

2 comments:

  1. Great site. I will send others to you. The community of blogs is a fantastic way to learn and grow. Get a chance, visit www.innertalk.com. Free hypnosis and subliminal programs on line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :)

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete