November 04, 2005

My day was kinda full... How did I let that happen??

First you arrive 20 mins late.

I left the house a little earlier than yesterday, and I had high hopes of getting to work by 15 past, but I got a lift. What about the lift? The lift stopped off at their house for something. I'm sure she didn't stay anymore than 3 mins, and I was already late, so I have right to say anything bad about her for doing what she had to do. I think I get away with coming in a bit late because I don't take an hour for lunch. I don't really leave for lunch. The longest that I have ever gone missing for lunch is 30mins.

Back to my slow, nail bitting, full, with few things to do day. *grin*


I had no real e-mail today. ooohhh.. E-mail... brb.....

"Please be advised that the cost of electricity will be increased by 58% on your November bill as advised by the Electricity Department. This will be called the fuel charge. Please be guided on your usage accordingly..."

Do you believe that?????? How ?? I pay between $110 and $150. Tack on 58% of that back on to the bill and I will have to cut something. I got this mail at school from the housing lady who finds out these things and is contacted by such persons to pass it on to the rest of Ross.

Are They Insane?!?!?!

Back to work...

I had a meeting today with the school's shrink. The shrinks that we have had at Ross have always done more than shrink things. Well this one is helping out with getting the school accredited, so she is guiding me in the making of a few more web pages that show off events that the school has or takes part in.

Well, before she showed up at 2pm, she came early by the way, she sent me another event to add to the website. So I started to work on that to have it mostly done for when she showed up. Then I ran into a problem with how I was making the gallery part of the page. So I had to go back to the program I was using before, and after I had most of it under control and only had like 40% left to do, she showed up with her corrections.

While I was working on the new information and getting software and installing it and figuring out how to get it to look like the ones before, I was asked to re-pair the photo id computer activation code. That called for an window xp repair that would leave your settings and installed files intact. It finished up around 3:30 or so. There was one or two hiccups after we logged in, but once it was restarted it worked fine. A girl had showed up before we started to tamper with the computer to get a replacement ID. She also wanted to retake her pic.

I don't know how, and I don't know why, but for some bizarre reason most of the girls think that their face is too big, that they look bad. I look at the pics and think, if I only had the money to look like them.

Well, the camera decided to stop talking to the ID software at that time, so she bailed for class. Never made it back as far as I can tell, and I tried to have it working by the time her class was out too. Oh, well. At least the teacher from the day before got his ID this afternoon.

I went to see Ms. Cummberbatch, but she was having a meeting then she was gone. I had my packed lunch that was dinner the night before, then I covered the front desk until closing at 7pm. I still bumped into a few students who have yet to read our signs and thought that I was open until much later. One spoke of 9pm. 9pm?? We have never have had that as a closing time. It is the time we open on the weekends, but that is just about it.

So as you can see up until 4pm I was busy. Then I did work flavored things. I tried to get a working psp for my computer inside. The one I was testing out decided to stop working on me when I was doing a few corrections with the shrink. Then I tired to understand a few things about Photo Shop 7 I think. Then I re-did some settings in Dreamweaver.

Then Jhodie showed up with Nika, who was hyper as always when she comes to see me at work. Rolling the chairs around, climbing up in the chairs to get to the computer and talking very loudly. We caught one of the newish buses home, then after we got home, Jhodie told me about Nika's day.

She was mad. She is mad. She will be mad when Monday comes around she goes to talk to the school about it.

Today was some kind of free day/play day for the school. No one told Jhodie, there was no phone call, there was no note, nothing. She found out when another kid from the school told her. The last time they had this, which was like a month or so a go, the students just went with to school in normal cloths, and the were given food and played. That didn't really happen this time.

No one made sure that all the kindergarten kids got something to eat, and they had games that you paid for. Also, you could have bought food, but Nika had nothing. So had gum. GUM! She chewed gum and another girl paid for her to get on two of the rides there. Nika is going though another grow spurt, and she eats now, and she had nothing for 8 hours. 8 HOURS! What are the teachers there for?? Two of them for her class, and they couldn't check to make sure that they all had gotten lunch???????

I wasn't mad as she told me, but as she went on and on, it did start to make me bad. .... and now I'm trying to calm down about it. It's already past, Nika is ok, and Jhodie will have a word or two with them on Monday.

Lost my fancy keyboard today. Didn't even get to have it for a whole shift, but I didn't think that I was going to keep it. I asked the kid why he even tried to talk her out of her key board for? He said that it didn't look good with everything else. It was white, everything else was black. I laughed when I heard that as I was bent over a chair digging thought a box of keyboards looking for one to fill the empty space on my desk. I was hoping to find the other one we had. I knew that we had more than one. Then I took a normal black one when I remembered who had the others. Rick had one and Collin had the other one. I asked Collin for one like that, and he said that, that shouldn't be too hard. Are any on the island? Was his only question. I think McPenny's has, but I have to call them to find out.

Did I mention what we had for dinner last night??

Baked chicken, baked slices of eggplant, baked breadfruit, red peas and rice, cole slaw, and soursop drink. I added my milk to my share, and she had normal milk in hers. Nika didn't like it, I think.

That I had for lunch today, and for dinner tonight without the chicken. I saved some chicken from last night to have for lunch but that was it. It tasted great all covered in breadcrumbs. Yum.

Ok... I'm going to watch Ballroom Boot camp, then it's off to bed.

See ya.

Boot camp is over now and that “Ying Yang Thing” is now on. I just want to see how it ends. I already saw the start of it earlier tonight.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment