October 25, 2006

The Past Two Days.. and one more

Up and down. Up and down.

That is what the last two days have been for me.

Tuesday I went to give Lynn her stuff, and the bus driver stole $5 from me for the lift up the street. I got there about 12 past 9, and I left almost at half past, and I then had to walk back down the long road back to the main street where I could catch a bus to work. But get this, not one bus that was going to Brown Hill came by. I was standing there waiting for a bus from about 20 till and I had to take one that dropped me off at the mouth of Brown Hill and that left me having to walk it up at 9:54 if not 9:56. I don't remember anymore, and it doesn't really matter. The out come was the same. I got to work late. I punched in at 10 past. The downer from the day before was very pale compared to how I felt for the rest of this day.

At the time I thought that I had a good reason for being late since I tried to flag down a bus that I believed went to brown hill and it didn't stop for me back at 9:35. Today I tried to catch the same bus but before he couldn’t tell me if he went brown hill or not, he just pointed back to the bus that was just behind him saying that, that was the brown hill bus. I guess that still answered my question. It doesn't go to Brown Hill. But I still believe that I saw it up there a few times.

Well, I felt so bad, that I thought that if I talked with the director of the place, I might be able to get her to understand and not have this lateness counted against me. I was going to say how I went to see my cousin in the hospital and that I couldn't see her before 9 and that I only spent 15 mins there and then there was the bus that I believed went to Brown Hill that didn't stop for me and that I had to walk it up from the main road. I went and asked her on my lunch brake if I could talk to her, she said that she had to check her appointment book to if she was free, and then she said that I had to go through my manager first, I told her that I already talked to him and that I think that I had to talk to her. After lunch I was thinking about it, and thought that maybe I should talk to Ronald first, to make sure I'm not jumping anything. So when she came to talk to me I told her that I was going to talk to Ronald first. She said ok and went back to what she was doing.

I felt bad, thinking that I was going to get fired again. I almost cried over my lunch before the lady came in. But by the time my shift was over I wasn't feeling as bad, but I was still worried because my sister had called me when I was on my way to the hospital to see Lynn, and she told me about the mess at Hosford. I have in my bag two invoices stating that I paid on the bed and the bed should have been paid off and a little of what was left from the second payment going towards the washer. I was then told that they believe that I hadn't paid a dime in like 6 months. Which is so untrue, and that my stuff was set up for being repo-ed. It has been over a week since I paid the last payment of $180. And to boot, they have bee splitting up the money among the three items.

With all that spinning around me head I lived, more or less, though that day. I didn't get much done as you might expect. I didn't even get to 19 orders that day.

Then I got home and Jhodie called me again. We talked for a while and she tried to make me not feel so bad, saying that I was going to quit that job anyway. Ya, after I had at least paid off the bed and perhaps caught back up with the other items so that I would have some leeway when I was out of work again. So we most or less said that if it came down to them firing me, I would just say that I quit first, but barring that, I'm going to try and stay until the end of November. Longer is possible.

I just don't have to do anything odd or different or anything for anyone that keeps me from getting to town in time to catch a Brown Hill bus to get me to work before 10am. In the US this would be so easy, at least in the city that I would be living in. Either which way. If I pull off not getting to work late for the rest of this probation time I might be ok.

Well today, my alarm wasn't what woke me up, but Lynn's mother. She was back. She came looking for her umbrella, and to ask me why I was telling her daughter that she was cursing out my parents. I told her that I didn't tell anyone that. I told her that I said that she came here and started saying things about my parents and I didn't know what she talking about. She then repeated what she said the day before then added that she didn't want to have anything to do with me and then I told her to check the boys room for her umbrella and turned back over to go back to sleep. I don't remember how the door closed again. I don't know how much longer, but soon I heard someone else shouting out in the living room. I think it was his aunt from what I heard her saying about how he, Marcus, was suppose to be staying or sleeping, up by them and that he was going to go to school and to get Xhavion's school clothes ready. I just left them alone. If he had just done it on the Sunday, he might not have had to deal with this, at least half of it anyway.

At one point I just got up and sat on the bed and then about 5 mins later my alarm went off. I can't even sleep until 7am. Well today for sure I had no breakfast. I got to work about 30 mins early, and I took both my breaks and I almost finished a whole page. The only thing that was off was at the end of the day.

I was doing a double order and I was dreading them today. It was like they would do whatever they could to cause me problems and take up as much time as possible. And so, the last one also tried to mess with me. I just cut my losses and left a note for myself so I would worked on it as soon as I got in, and tried to get outside in time to catch the bus. They asked me if I was coming when they walked past me and I said that I was coming now. But what did that do for me? Nothing. They lift without me anyway. So I was left to walk down the half a mile of dark road over hills in the middle of a thunder storm that could have turned to rain any min since it already rained like 5 mins before our shift was over.

I turned on my phone and waited for Solo to call me as I walked to the main road with no great rush. He called at almost 7:30, and just before he got there, the bus or a bus with the girls from work was on it's way back up to drop the rest of them off. They called out to me, which is how I knew they were in there. I shouted “Thanks for waiting for me.” back at them. Then I he showed up. I thought he didn't see me since I was standing back in the bus stop that had a lot of shadows. But no, he saw me, he just wanted to turn around off of the main street.

We went to bakery and got some bread. Some for Lynn, some for him and some for me. I even got a hard boiled egg to go with one of mine. I'll have one of them for breakfast with some peanut butter. I see myself now walking down the road eating it. I don't have time to say in here and eat it if I want to get to work early. Tonight I ate the egg with one of the bread. I'll have one bread left for Friday morning if not Thursday night.

So now it's now. I'm blogging.... I jumped something. We took the bread to Lynn in the hospital and she asked for her pj's again. She didn't want the ones I sent the first time. So when we got home I went though her stuff again looking for the ones she told me about and sent what I found. Marcus was also here. I asked him if he was staying here tonight. He said yes. I asked him if he wasn't suppose to be up by his aunt. He said no. I called Lynn on Solo's cell and she told me no and I handed the phone to him and went to get her stuff.

It's 10:56, and I don't know if he is still here. I washed up most of the dishes and cleaned up the counter top. I think the guy is here, I'm going to go look in a sec.

This is set up to be checked and such, and I think that I'll get this posted tomorrow. I don't know when Lynn will be back, but I am going over on Friday.

================================================

Well it's Thursday night. Lynn is home, and in bed right now. I've had a decent day at work. I got to work early again, and didn't reach 20 orders today because I was going to catch the bus to town tonight. And guess what? I got there and then the bus sat there. And sat there. It waited for about three or so other people. I then asked the question just before we moved about how come it could wait for everyone else but me? I think the question was asked again as I was getting out because there was laughing for something as I handed over my fare. Also a girl told me that I didn't need the change and that I looked so rich. Ya, right.

Then I got home and I realized that I left a bag with my shoes in the back of the bus which was about 30 mins ago.

I came in the house, got a cup of water for Solo and found Lynn on the computer. When I left work and turned on my phone I got a message from her asking where her key was. I couldn't call her back because I had no money on my phone. My sister called me with news of our computer. It seems that Little Ray, got our computer infected, and just turned it off. So now we can't get it to boot into the system. If there is still one left. My sister is worried about loosing the pics of Nika that she had gotten off of uncle Ray's cam. Unlike my uncle who has copies of his pictures on a CD, we have everyone on the computer. I told her that I might be able to save the stuff, but I can't promise anything.

Well I think that I will have to go soon. My typing is loud and waking Lynn.

See ya.

Oh, I got my shoes back. My sister called Karen who knows the bus driver.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment