October 09, 2006

This blog starts last weekend Saturday.

Sorry I took so long, but I don't get that much time on a computer anymore.

=================================

I didn’t float away.

No matter how much the waves tried. We went to a beach just around the bend along a longish trail/road. The first two times Jhodie went there, she was given some kind of hiking route to get there and thought that it was much further away. I told her to let’s try and walk it, but she said that she was told it was too far to make Nika walk it.

Well we waited and waited for a bus, then got the one that wouldn’t go off the main road, at first I didn’t under stand what he meant, until we got there like 40 seconds later. We could have been at the beach for how long waited for the bus. The driver didn’t charge us anything for the lift since he didn’t really take us anywhere.

We then proceeded down a long rocky path/drive way/trial between trees and a few cows to get to the beach. It would have been nice if he had given us a lift down there, but he doesn’t go off road.

The beach was quite nice really. When we got there two guys were leaving and one guy was abit over to our left smoking. None of them were black. The last guy was older than the two who were leaving. 45 or so. Well first we had a little something to eat, then we went in. Now that I’m talking about, I realized that you aren’t suppose to go into the water after eating. The only reason we didn’t get what you get when you do is because it wasn’t more then a few bites of something, and not all of us had something. Also, we didn’t run into the water when we had finished eating what we ate. I’m not even sure I remember what it was, but we didn’t have much and some was leftovers to eat when we came out of the water for good.

Oh, to make things interesting, Xhavion came along. Lynn had asked/told him about going to beach with Jhodie and Nika on Saturday.

Now I have clear up something. The beach wasn’t the first stop of the day. Oh no, It was not to start off that smoothly. First everyone woke up late and Jhodie called to let me know that they were coming over on the 9:30 boat. She also told me name, which didn’t mean much to me. Later when I was about to walk out of the house and she calls me from town I find out why she told me the name of the boat. This one was suppose to make the trip in 30 mins. So I was late, again, for the second day in a row. Not happy. I hurried to catch a bus, feeling bad that I wasn’t there to meet them, that I may have walked down to main road in good time. Maybe even better than the day before when I had music to help me get though the walk.

Then I got there and they weren’t where she said that they would be. Already anxious, I just stayed that way until I bought a phone card to add money to my phone. I had tried to send her a text message from the bus to let her know that I was almost in town, to find out that I had a cent left.

Turns out she was at her famous thrift shop. At least I was going to find out where this place is. It was a block up from the main road, long the road going to the hospital. The place wasn’t as smart as I expected it to bed. I was in an old wooden building, and it was dark on the inside and a bit smaller than I expected. Maybe it was because I was thinking that it was in the “mini, mini mall” that was down on the main street. It’s a new white building. Either which way, Jhodie told me how to get to it, and Nika came out to hung me while her mother got a nice little dress for her and something else that I’m not sure about. We then walked back down to the place we were suppose to meet and had something to eat. I didn’t have breakfast and Jhodie didn’t eat anything that morning either and she was starting to get grumpy from her sea sick pills.





Monday.

Well, considering I didn’t find my shoes today and had to wear my old beat up draggers to work, everything else seemed to be going ok.

I got to the pier on time. Had money to get two breads with tuna, so I could have one for breakfast and the next one for lunch. Granted I didn’t find a good, cheap pair of shoes before work started, but I got to work on time.

Heck, I even got my passwords/profiles for the systems. I did a few orders, One looked like it was going to get rejected, but I had to try and call the person, and another one I had to put on hold to make sure it didn’t mess up like the last 2 line transfer that I got. And I was quite happy with the 4 or so “confirms” that I did get.

Then my luck changed as I getting ready for lunch.

Ronald came over and told me to log out of systems. I was being transferred to South-West team. Ha?? I don’t want to go there. It’s complicated over there. I was starting to get with what I had over here at West. Besides having to get use to what I had to say over the phone and not yet having made an over the phone payment I was fine with it.

I’m being given over to them because they are falling behind under and onslaught of orders, which I can under stand. I just don’t like it was done if anything. Now I’m back in training with a “kid” I’m 10 years older than her, which might be why I feel odd about it. But all in all she is nice if not a bit of a speedy person with getting her orders done.

And to boot I’ve lost my accounts again. They had to move them and now I have to get new links to use them also. I might get the new links tomorrow if I’m very lucky. Either which way, I’m in training again for another 2 weeks and I have one whole new system to learn in the process, along with other one I hadn’t touched yet, but knew about.

Well I did two telephone orders on the other system. It’s almost the same. It’s like the same program, but different versions with about 3 or so things that the one I was using before didn’t have.

Both times the person owed an advance payment and I had to call them. The first time I got voice mail. I just about always get voice mail. The next time I talked to a person. The only thing that was different from before was that the kind of information that I gave wad different. We don’t give them a place to go in north west, we just give them a phone number.

Can’t stay… training bites.

Tuesday

This stinks.

I hate it. Being trained by a slightly impatient 19 year old who would first assume that I didn’t do something and ask me if I did do it.

Firs she gives me a bunch of papers to copy and look over. Then she told me to keep looking at what she is doing at the same time, then to make sure that I learn these 6 codes, and says that she is going to test me later.

After that whole thing I then was asked to do some of the orders. As I’m going through the first one the “supervisor” came over and asked how it was going, then told her he wanted a report from her at the end of each day of my progress. Great, so she will push me so that she will look like she is doing what she is suppose to be doing.

I’m just looking forward to hell here. I already don’t like it. Their stuff is harder, and I just got Dashavo. I dreamed of being in this place, doing what I was doing at the time months ago when I still had my other job. I can’t stay here for too long.

I had to make a phone call and I noted to myself that I had to ask the customer if I could place them on hold and asked her. She said that she couldn’t because she was on a cell and if there was a number that she could call. I gave her the information that she needed and I was then told that I didn’t ask her if she wanted to be on hold and I know I did, that is how she was even able to tell me that no, she didn’t want to be on hold. Then instead of clearing it up with me with what said and what was suppose to say, she just told me to remember to ask. AAAHH!.. THAT IS WHAT I DID!!

I’m still a little mad about it as you can tell. But I’m back from lunch which took longer than it should because I had to wait to use the microwave since I was more or less cooking my meal while everyone else was just re-heating. So half way though my lunch hour I was able to put my stuff in the microwave. I more or less poached my veggies, added the cuscus, along with some seasoning, let that stand for as long as my hunger would let me leave it along, and then ate it with the drum stick that I heated up with, along with my bottle of water.

Now I have to go, I’ll rant later.

=============

So I have to catch up from Wednesday ha?.. I'll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment