December 27, 2007

Do you hear something?

12-27-07_1906

12-27-07_1905

12-27-07_1902

That is the current state of my bathroom.

We were sitting here, catching up on Bleach, and my sister asked if I heard something. I got up, went to bathroom to find the tub over flowing and coming out of that thing you drop down to stop the water from going out  so you could have a tub bath. Then the sink got in on the act. Then it started bubbling like I'm at one of those gushing springs.

Jhodie called the super, and it's been about ten mins since we called him, and he hasn't gotten here yet. It stopped at one point, then started again. Now it has stopped again, and is now draining itself out. But what about the floor? I guess that I will be mopping that up later. At least it didn't get to far into the hallway. But we should think about moving to a place of equal rent. I don't want to think about the water damage that is going on here.

This time I have pictures, so if he ever makes it here, he can see what damage is being done if he really cares. But they might come in handy for something else.

My night was going rather well until this.

They showed up. The plumber being completely wasted. I just stood in the hallway while two guys, one being the super and one being a plumber talk among themselves, and did something to that side thing. As far as I can tell it's going to happen again because it's someone above us dumping too much water, like I was trying to tell them.

Now that one of them have gone upstairs to check something, the other one was here to see the water back up again, after they "fixed it". Now they are going to look a bit closer at the pipes. And he said that I was right. It was nice to hear that.

Well I'm off to see what damage they are going to do.

Night.

 

P.S. While trying to have a look at something, they asked for a flat head screw driver. I couldn't find it, so they asked for a butter knife. Then it slipped, and he spent the rest of his time tying up his finger so he could stop bleeding and he said that they are going to send some one by tomorrow. Great. Oh well, did I really think that this was going to be easy? The bathroom is still a mess. It seemed to have even gotten a bit worst. And all that water that was on the floor is now in the floor. By the time they came, the only thing on the floor was the suds.

No comments:

Post a Comment