December 05, 2007

So Scared of the Cold I missed my interview.

I got there too late for the interview and I offered to stay, but they said that there wasn't anytime after they saw the other people that came for an interview also.


I keep thinking that it's just me going for interviews some times. Oh well. I tried to call them to let them know that I was going to be late, but the number they called me from, I couldn't call them on. It said that it was a non-working number of the tech university. But I went anyway, and got frozen. It was cold and windy. To make it worth coming out since I was almost out of money I tried to get my blood donation date changed to then since it was close by and get it over with, but they were closed. I then went over to the women's clinic and asked them a few things. I got both done and answered. Then I decided to go by the salvation arm to ask them why they never called me for the part time job at their store. But I just missed the HR person by like 3 min's. I think she drove past me as I was crossing the street. My luck. Then I walked like a mile or so. It seemed really far because of the cold, but it wouldn't have been that bad in the summer or spring time.


Also I walked down to Franklin Av from Long Island University so I could use my transfer and save my other $2 for when I go to give blood on Thursday. But lucky me, when I got home the blood place called me to remind me about the appointment, and I got them to change it to the same day as my doctor's appointment so I would go and give blood first, then walk down to the street for the other one and I wouldn't have to come back out and find fare for two days. Cool. The only thing that went my way today really.


I'm late in posting my wallpapers for my club, so I'm off to do that, and for the next few days, I'll be practicing my touch typing. That was something else that might have worked against me at the interview. You had to type at least 45 wpm. And I know I can, I just haven't tried in ages. I got up to 42 the night before. I need to practice. So I'll do that for a while for the next time.


Quote of the Day:
Do first what you dread the most.
--Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment