December 01, 2005

Dr. K was nice to me today.

Not that he is ever not nice to me, but he reimbursed me for my lunch today. Lunch I almost wish I hadn't gotten for how it made me feel afterwards, but it was ok.

I had asked for a tuna sub as always, but at 1pm they were out of tuna so I got an egg salad instead with some fries. I kinda woke up late, ran into to work, got there like 15 past, and then went to get something to eat like I said around 1. I got the cam back to the teacher. I had brought it in yesterday but he wasn't there when I got time to take it up to him. I was way busy yesterday. I had forgotten to do something, and that something took almost my whole shift to do.

Well today I took it to him nice and early and returned his tapes so he could use them, since I couldn't. But before I gave it up I got a request from one of the guys on that e-mail I sent out with the gallery. I don't even think that I have gotten and e-mail from this one ever. Well he asked for pics of the LRC. He left before it was finished so he wanted to see what I looked like now.

Since we did the "expansion", the adding of about 12 new computers it looked a bit different then the pics I had of the place from before. So to the dismay of most of the students I took two pics. One when I was answering him back. I don't think it was that great, but taking more then one would be pushing my luck with a full lab. I tried one last time just before taking the cam back to him. In fact, I was half way out the door when noticed that the lab was just about empty, so it was safe to take another pic of flat panel computers, and maybe something to show that they tables where pushed together now.

I'll post those tomorrow. I may make another gallery of what it use to look and what it looks like now and the 24 hour room. Which by the way changed after I gave back the cam. They took some reading cubes from the library and put them there for extra study space.

Well I made it up, gave the cam and the tapes to the teacher. Told him that I was sad to give it up. It's a great cam. Gave him the pics that were on there before that he took, said thank you and left to get lunch.

That's when I ran into Dr. K. He's one the older teachers on campus. I think he got an XP computer with MS Office 2003 and isn't liking it very well. Just about everything changed for him and he was still learning how the other versions worked. I told him one day and I'll come over and he can just ask me Q's. He paid me back my lunch money because he said that he was going to take me out to dinner once. I completely forgot, so he said this was kinda the same thing. He said something funny that I don't remember, and I'm smiling while two other students where just laughing. He's sweet and I don't think he knew what he said. I don't remember what he said.

So I got my lunch, said good bye to him and went back down to eat before I had to go help someone at 2. I ate, thought something was up, did something on the computer and then he showed up. I was 2 already. Time moves.

We went to his office to install camera software. He didn't have the rights to do so. I then realized/ found out, that he also needed admin. rights to not only install the software, but to run it as well. He had to leave somewhere around 2:45 while stayed and finished up and such. I left his computer defraging.

The rest of my shift was left doing some resizing work, and wouldn't you know it, the teacher that this was for came by to say he likes how it was going. He had gotten a set on Monday, but I forgot to send him the e-mail telling him some where done until Tuesday.

We finally got around to running an XP repair on the laptop for the girl that couldn't get an IP from anywhere to get on line, yet her parts were in working order. I started it, but I couldn't stick around to finish it. I hope that it's not there when I get in tomorrow, but I'm sure I'm going to see it. One odd thing, a girl who was looking for her computer power cord took the other girl's instead. I told them to just use her's until they got the other one back, but they said that it wasn't fixed because Ron told them not to fix it. Yet, tonight I saw it plugged into her laptop.

I left the lrc to walk out into a cold Caribbean night. Right now it's telling me that it's 72 degrees out. I was chilly with the wind blowing in. Lucky me I didn't have to stand out there and wait for a bus. One came along just as I got there. Luckily me. Now I have a sore and scratchy throat, and my nose is running. Great. Just when I found out that my evaluation meeting is tomorrow at 11am. Yes, I'm going to be early for this.

My sister will be here to wake me up unlike today when she went to work. As far as I can tell she is booked for all of next week. We may beat the lights bill before it beats us.

I missed CSI:Vegas tonight. I was watching Tremors instead. I like all of the Tremors movies and the tv show. I did find out much to my dismay that I didn't post any wallpapers for this past month, and I have this month to post for now. I think that I'll post 8 this month to make up for it. Larry would have reminded me if he wasn't sick. I hope he's feeling a bit better now.

Well I should go now. At least I have some Hall's waiting at work for me. *grin* I think Nika had the cold first, then I got it, then Nika got it back again, now Jhodie has it, now it seems like I'm getting it again. *not grinning*

I'm going into my bed.
See ya...

No comments:

Post a Comment