December 20, 2005

I have an Issue with an actor.

Not so much the person themselves, but a part they play.

The elf from the Fellowship of the Ring movies and then played in Troy. It's the part he plays in Troy that I don't like.

I loved him in the Ring movies, and it took me a long time to recognize him with out the long blond hair, but here, I hate him. He started the Trogon war?? This hard headed boy who would have done his current family a favor of he could have chosen to have been born to a lesser family. His brother didn't deserve that.

And that I had to see after watching Back to the Future III.

Ok, back to my day... I intend not to stay up until 4am today. I did that last night and I set my day off to a late start. It would have started later if Emerald didn't show up banging on my windows. Ya, she really came. That was one of the things I didn't get to mention in last's night blog.

When we were in town we ran into her. Emerald is the lady that was suppose to come by and fix our tvs like 2 months ago but forgot or the rain or something. We have been trying to get her to come and fix them for like a year it seems. Today she finally came. Around 11 may be 10 she came by. Jhodie went to town to get mouse glue traps. I expected her to be back in like an hour. She came back three hours later. She went to the bank, she went card shopping, she picked up a few more things then a few glue traps. I think she said she did something else, I just can't remember what it is right now. She got back I tried to go back to sleep. I can't do that again. I will have to be up earlier tomorrow and try and take Nika out nature walking like I wanted to do on Sunday or some other day earlier in the week. We were stopped by rain.

BTW... it's almost like we have new tvs again. It only took her like 4 hours. *grin* Jhodie offered to bake her a banana bread for fixing them for us. I think she's family. We have so many family members. The whole 5th cousin once removed and such deal.

The other thing that I was going to tell you about isn't a nice thing. Yesterday morning I think, Lyn called Jhodie up to let her know that the guy who ran the sandwich shop in town was dead. The "Why Not Have A Sandwich" shop that is. His wife might be paralyzed and in the hospital with their kids. Someone(s) broke into their house.

This didn't happen when I was a kid, but these days every week it's something. We weren't sure it was true until we passed the place and saw someone had put flowers in the door. I don't like how this going. I knew him. We were by no means friends or anything. But he talked to me a few times when I was there, and I saw him around the place often enough. Now I'm afraid about how my kitchen door is set up. I may not have much, but they brake into places where they think people have money. That is how this guy up in Wade's Garden died. That is one way I don't want to go.

On to something a bit more claming. Jhodie brought back four cards. They were all Christmas cards, but they went all over. One was for mommy, one was for our grandmother, one was for Uncle Ben, and one was for .... ah, now I remember. Nika is going to a birthday party soon, so Jhodie got a card for the birthday boy.

While Jhodie went back to town to post the other cards, I got up and did some dishes. I finished after Emerald left. I cleared both sinks, and wiped down most of the table. Today I thought that I was going taste a home made meal again, and I was almost right. Oh... I remember what else she got. Fish. She stopped to buy fish in town. She said that she will be going fishing tomorrow since she can catch fish bigger then the ones she bought. She was late in getting there to buy any so no big ones were left. She was thinking of going out early but changed her mind with all the odd ball people out there now. Nika and I will stop by at one point if not stay for a while. I'll soon see.

It's now midnight down here. Once again I'm the only one awake. I'm watching information on the strike in NY. I would hate having to walk to work this time of the year over the bridge. I have yet to walk over that thing for how many years I lived there. I walked up to it once on the Manhattan side, then I turned around and walked back into china town. *grin*

Oh back to dinner that is now causing me pain. Jhodie made dumplings to go with the chicken she started cooking last night but didn't finish. The dumplings were great, but now I have acid reflux or just very bad heart burn. I don't which one it is yet, but since I want to go to bed a bit earlier I took one of the heartburn pills that Jhodie got me at the last seventh semester sale. I have to pack up the rest of the fish after I put Nika in her bed before I go to bed myself. It doesn't say how long it could take before I stop tasting acid in the back of throat. The most I can give it is an hour. The box said that I can't take more then 2 in one day so I hope that means it works well because it is very strong. I also guess this means that I can't take an Eno now either. I was going too take one of the two Enos that I had, but I thought I should go for the pill since it should be stronger and maybe faster. I think it's been 20 mins already.

Nika likes playing Aloha Solitaire, and she's getting good at it. She's up to level 5 I think. She's played it twice for the day.

That's it. Nothing else... take care. Sorry if you live in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment