December 15, 2005

Not a bad day.

Most of today was an odd spill over from yesterday.

The job that Ron had for me I was given late today to do.

Yesterday I was called up the Admin office to help one of the Assoc. Deans with his adjustment to office 2003. Today I was up there and I was talking with another staff person from that office, and he came out of his office and heard us talking and asked me if the guy was giving me a hard time. Then he said that, jokingly that no one was to give me a hard time. We laughed. Aren't I special? *grin*

The reason why I was even up there was to finish up some of the lunch thing for tomorrow. I called so many places today asking them what their menu was going to be for tomorrow's lunch. A few places I called didn't serve lunch. You don't really get "normal" food at these places. I was calling up restaurants, so what did I expect. After calling up like 12 places I picked Marshall's, but there turned out to a misunderstanding. They didn't serve lunch, so I had the next one down on my mental list. Serendipity. Just like the movie. It's actually down the street from me. Didn't even know it was there. It's next to OTI.

A few people weren't happy with my choice. They wanted "normal" food. One person wanted stewed chicken, one person wanted a fish plate, and one wanted the simple of the simple. Rice, peas and chicken. It was almost insulting to ask the restaurants if they served that. One person was just going with what Ron said about not worrying about price, and asked for a sea food platter that can easily cost $90. Maybe less if we went to the place he wanted which was King's Place. I might suggest we get lunch from there next time. One guy who had his birthday today, wanted to get lunch from BET Soundstage. Ha! I don't even think they were opened for lunch. I called and called and on one answered. Besides, they didn't have that much of a range, and only one person wanted something from there. I'll see if I can get a scan copy for you to see. One person wasn't there to pick anything so I sent him and e-mail letting me know, and two went A WALL on the idea. Ron doesn't understand why since he loves the food at this place.

The last part of my shift was me the project from Ron and my Music. I put on my head set, cranked up the volume and lip synced my heart out. I just two odd pages left to work out, but I got the bulk of it done before I rested my back and came home. I left work like 20 past 7 and then ended up waiting like 20-30 mins for a bus to come along and it was cold and windy out. Then I find out that someone who was on the bus has been paying attention to me and knew where I got off. He started off by saying that he wants me to his girl friend. Ha! I'm still waiting for G to take me or drop me like a rock when I show up on his door step in 9 months or so.

So when this guy started to bug me and such and asked if I had a boyfriend I fibbed and said yes. Then he asked me if I was married. Ha?? Why would I have a husband if I had a boyfriend?? If I looked that disloyal, why was he trying so hard?? I don't even know what to call him.

I quickly left his company when my stop came, and I came home to Nika and her new scooter. She also had new clothes. The scoter she paid for with some of the money that Uncle Ben sent us for Christmas. The clothes she paid with her own money, and they were on sale. But she still got like 8 new outfits for her and some new underwear.

Dinner was the chance two for the potatoes and KFC. I say chance two for the potatoes because they didn't taste like they were fully cooked last night, so she tried to finish cook them today. They seem to be resisting the process. *grin*

Well it's late and everyone is in bed. Nika I think fell asleep on her own. She went shopping with Jhodie today. And about an hour ago Jhodie went in. I'm still here because of that e-mail that I had to send out and to type up my blog for the day.

I was kindly asked to put up some of the shopping. Yes, it's still on the floor and kinda close to the door still. I so do feel like crashing right now, but I do feel like putting a few things up before I do.

Today it felt like it was Friday. I knew it wasn't, but every now and again I had to remind myself that I had one more day left.

Oh, St.Jean came for his cds about 10 mins after I finished helping his wife with a movie clip. Due to bad or no dinner from the night before I couldn't pack a lunch like I did for yesterday so I paid for lunch today. A small salad and small fries. $10. Not bad.

Oh, the front desk computer is having issues. I don't really think it was wiped the first time around.

I had to delete what I had downloaded of Tenchi Universe because the subtitles were in Spanish. I wasn't planning on learning two languages. I trying again and its slow going. I expected it to be faster since there were nine seed for the torrent, but what do I know?

Ok… I think that was my day... now I'm off to do something. I'll try and put some things again and then crash, but I have to be bed by 2am.

Night.

... Sorry no grammer check tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment