January 14, 2005

Easy Day

Work was fine.

Failed in trying to fix a wireless nic driver problem for this laptop. Worked on a laptop that didn't have enough space to get patched, and I got a file or two, that I don't know where to post.

Other than that, after 4pm we had what was labeled scattered showers, which seemed more like small freak storms. Every 3 hours for about 5 mins, 35 mile per hour winds would hit with a full down pour of rain. Everyone would just stop and look up at the roof, or to the side where the windows were and just look at the rain beating against the window.

AM hung out with me near the end of my shift, and helped me pick out a few stylizes that I wanted or might look good on me, which brings me to this morning.

This morning, we were suppose to be checking out stores in town that had my size clothes. But in an hour or so, we ended up choosing a tailor. Soon we were window shopping for fabric. I printed up a few looks that I liked, so when we took the fabric to the tailor, we could show him what I wanted.

I picked a lot of flowy, two layered, a cut, on the slant, type of things. I have one or two that 'normal', but I'm not getting anything that I see everyone else wearing. YUK!

Well It's mins to 1am and I'm tried. I worked until 10 tonight, but I didn't leave until 10:30. A downpour stopped me a little. Then I was standing in that lovely 25 mile per hour wind as I waited for a bus to come along. The second student that came by turned out to be a girl that lived down the street from me, so she gave me a lift.

I babbled. I didn't know what to talk to her about, even thought she asked the questions. I was just happy to be in something. It was so cold out there. I should have asked her how her break went. :(

Well, I've had dinner, it was good, had a banana, and some Kool-Aid, tried to talk to someone online, but it looks like he left his IM and computer on and went to bed. Watched a few shows, now I'm heading to bed.

Tomorrow I have to be at work for 11am. I have slides to scan. That laptop to finish installing it's patches. Finish adding those new docs that I got to an unpublished part of the site, and..... wait for people to come asking for help. I'll be done by 7, which will seem like a long ways off at 2pm, but at least I'll have my noodles. :)

See ya.

PS..

Oh, here is something nice that happened today. I caught a bus to work today, and the driver stopped to pick up clothes a the cleaners, and I was looking at my watching, hoping it won't take that long, but it took 5 mins and at 10 past 2pm I was on the road going to work. I was hopping to be at work by this time. He kept asking me if he took to long, and he really didn't, and yet I was later for work than I wanted to be, and it didn't help that I saw a bus go by me while I sat there and waited for him. But I could say that he did take a long time. So I just mumbled something about I don't know yet and mostly didn't look at him. When he dropped me off I tried to pay him for the ride, but he said no. Ok... I got a free ride. I can live with that. :) By the time I walked into my department, it was 14 past 2. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment