January 17, 2005

Yes, very bad blogger.

I'm blogging now.

I don't remember what happened on Thursday, Don't really remember Friday other than I scanned some slides for Dr. ST. J, and got two requests for cd burn jobs from two teachers.

Work was normal, had a few "storms" during the day. Off and on it rained like mad for like 5 mins then it went away. I think that I said that before. That happened for two days. At one point I was thinking that I may need an umbrella to get home.

On Friday night I started a burn job, to find out on Saturday when I came in that it was stuck on the second one. :( Great, the tray wasn't working right. I had to then baby sit it for like 8 cds. The tray would come out, and I would have to pull it out a bit more so the arm could pick up the cd without stalling. Then when it went to put a cd in the tray, I had to fix it inside so it wouldn't jam the slide draw.

Then somehow each time when I had to leave it would work fine until it ran out of disks to burn too. It could only hold 50 cds at a time. It wasn't full for some reason so I had to refill it twice. But it just gave me more problems. Come Sunday when I was finishing it up I ran into a few more problems and found out that I burned 5 too many. Great, there goes 5 of the last 10 I had.

I also burned some cds for B who wanted some serves of a friend of his that died last year to give to the guy's family. It seemed like the other computer at the front desk didn't want to work with me that night. I crashed twice when I tried to burn the data to a cd, and once it went through. So I did one the computer that I normally use. That night I also got my trail mix. :)

Yes I like tail mix, and B said that he would get me some for "Christmas" when he went home. I just wish that he didn't have to look though two states to find me some. Next time I'll have to tell him to go to where the health food stores are to find it.

Anyway, I shared it with AM and B, but I ate most of it. It was good, a little hot, but good. It was the oriental mix. I think. AM kept on thinking that the cheesy yellow peices were cheese. Then they would burn her. She would think it's cheese, then it would burn her. :) B, who looked at me very oddly when I asked him to bring it back for me had some.. and liked it. :) I guess that he is going to buying himself some of that stuff when he gets back.

Earlier I talked with him about stuff and he ended up telling me about what all that proof stuff means on the bottle. Then I told him about malts. He had no clue. I told him that I had it with milk, and he had such a face! You would think that I told him to eat ketchup on ice cream. It seems that he would avoid drinking milk as much as possible, but he said that he would try it, or at least the malt. :)

The rest of the night I cleaned out my inbox, checked on some web pages for the academic page for the site, showed AM how far I had gotten with my map, and she hung out picking thought my music until it was time to go home.

No one was in the LRC since it was start of semester party night. The only thing was the few people that I talked too, which was about 2 or so, said that they weren't going. One had to acctualy catch up. It's the first week of school and they already had to catch up. I wonder some days if I was lucky in a way to have skipped collage. Not by choose ofcourse.

AM walked home with the lady from the library, since the lived on the left side of the school. It was drizzling when I left, and I think it took a bit for a bus to come by.

On Sunday I finished the ride of the bad cd duplicator, did some work on the computer, then remembered that M and I had to restock the paper cabinet. So we go the trolley and went to get paper, to find out that there wasn't any, just boxes of books. Ok. Then M left and and hour later, we lost power. Half and hour later we got the generator on, but no AC and no computers for us, and the servers were sleeping or off. Another half and hour later we got main power. Then I had to turn back on all the computers on the floor. All 50 odd of them, and the ones in the FDC.

I don't remember what I did after that, I just know that I didn't do that much work, AM didn't come by to see me, and I left late because I had to leave notes and e-mail for people on Monday morning.

I got home and was reminded that we were going walking today. Fine. I wasn't going to fight it. I knew I had to go walking. Today I got up, got dressed and was ready before my sister who was bugging me about leaving. We made it into town. Checked out one store, it had cloths for tiny people, but we did fine a necklas that even I liked. Then we went to subways for lunch. :) Yes we at at subways. I know, what's the big deal. But for all the time I was at NY I didn't make it a subway.

But here is something I didn't expect. The NY subway map on the wall. Well that is what we thought it was. After trying to find our stop, we started to think that it was a made up map with known names. We had a Large Fanta, and a foot long sub for use to share between the two of us. The grand total was $26. Which isn't bad. It was half of my $20 US that I got from a computer job for student. I hold on to it for as long as I could, but today was the day to spend it. *sniffle*

It was good.. the sub that is. Then Jho went to get some money for the bank incase we ran into anything on the way to IGA or TDC home center. They are outside of town. They are a mile and half, and two miles from our house.

We didn't spend anything until we got to IGA, that was like $20 or so, then we went to the building center part, and spent $40 something there, then we walked to TDC and spent another $46 or so. That pulls $20 for with drawing with my card twice.

I got a step for Nika so she wouldn't have to reach so much to wash her hands and bush her teeth in the bathroom. What else did I get? Oh, Jho got some seeds. One was for and odd squash that is suppose to have a lemon flavor, and is round with black dots or spikes. I'm not sure. But Jho wants to see how it turns out. She also got another squash that suppose to have the taste of sweet potato. Ya, I think she picked up the science experiment set. :) And some other set of seeds that were for “normal” pants. We looked at rakes at the first place, but they cost too much. We looked at tiles, but didn't really find the one that liked and or wanted. What else did we get from that place?? It came up to $40 odd. I know the step was like $24 or so. Clippers? I know we looked at them. We got something. Then at the other place we got the rake, saw someone about showing up to look at our fridge. We said to have them come by at 3pm since we had to come back into town the next day. Anyway, we looked around a bit more, saw the hinges that I was looking for, but they were a bit heavier than I thought they would be. So they were saved for when I got a really good iron gate to put them on. My sister looked at some sad looking plants that they had discounted. We walked around in circles for like an hour, looked at a lot of things and found out that they didn't have the wire that we wanted to put in the new light outside the kitchen door.

But we were lucky enough to get a bus that far off the beaten track as we came out of the building. We got a lift all the way home.

That was mostly the end of my day. Heard the kids run around for most of the afternoon. Tried out office 2003, don't like that much but giving it a shot. I tested out some part for that girl back at work. They crashed my system in a nice loop until I pulled the power. So I'm more or less ready to tell her that she needs new parts.

Ok, I had to go to bed last night without posting this due to a tummy ache,too much cheese and because Perl was watching black Monday night line up. It started really to bug me when she would watch something that I liked then switch it back to that and go back and forth. So I saved this as a draft and went to bed after used the bathroom. When I was in there in pain, I tried to understand why I was in pain, then I figured that it was the cheese bread from subway, and the cheese I had for dinner in my sandwich.

Well now I just have today to tell you about.

See ya.
Jhoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment