January 11, 2005

Yesterday Was A Boar Until 9pm

I didn't have a think to post about yesterday. I stayed in bed until I couldn't. Which was somewhere around 12, then I came out used the computer, then went back into bed at 2:30 for another 2 hours. Then everyone starting come back. I washed dishes, I did help cook, but not the stuff that got burned. :) It was just pasta mixed with cream of something again, and my sister defrosted some turkey burgers and mushed, yes mushed, them together with some spices and bbq sauce.

Then the kids went to bed with out much bother, but then Nika couldn't go or stay asleep. Her ear was hurting her, which made other parts hurt her, and she was up every 4-10 mins crying about some part of her. At 1am I called it quits with trying to put together this junk of a computer for this girl that I don't like, but I didn't think it was going to be this hard. I thought that it would be interesting, and I could learn a few things for when I install my new motherboard in like 3 months, but she wrecked it (them).

First she moved memory from one computer to the other, and the computer just died. I wasn't there so I don't know what caused it to die. She said that it worked for a while after she moved the memory over. So she has two "shells" of computers for me to take apart and put together to make a computer for her kids. She, with out unscrewing some parts, yanked out, yes, yanked out the motherboard from one of the computers. My sister had to un-bend some of the parts, and take out the cage that held the hard drives in the case. I feel like giving it back to her, but I haven't tried everything yet. So I'm still trying. She'll get it in a week. Maybe. :)

Anyway, as I'm packing up to go to bed, my sister more or less starts crying that she can't deal with Nika. She had an interview today and she hasn't had any sleep in the 3 hours she's been trying to get some. She wanted to send Nika to me, but anything during that night that she had sent her to me, she (Nika) always went back crying mommy. So I was just about to lay down in my bed after cleaning it off and turning off lights in the rest of the house, and locking up that I heard Nika outside of my door. She came.

So the next 3 and half hours, I was half awake on my side, waiting for her to cry, and push me off my little twin bed. So I got no sleep even though I was ready to sleep. She was slow in her crying which gave me a short lived home that she wasn't going to cry an just sleep since she was in my room. I had maybe 15 mins of her sleeping and snoring, then the crying started, and the rubbing of the ear. That went on for like 2 hours.. then she cried her way out of my bed asking for mommy. I made her understand that she can not cry when she went back to the mommy's bed. I said it twice in a set tone, and it worked. There wasn't a peep out of her for the rest of the night. But she didn't go to school today.

Today, we as myself, my sister, and Nika went to town to do a bit of light shopping after my sister came back from her interview. Which on the whole went ok, but she has to go back for a working interview, but it sounds like she did ok. We just had to drop off her resume on our way into town since she forgot to take it with her.

We went out shopping for some things, spent time doing something else, spent money on lunch, daggers (flip flops that don't flip) for my sister, and new wallet that I think won't last that long, and got some hash browns and TP for the house. Then I headed over to the nurse's house to help her with pictures and to install a program. I ended up helping her with a sound card problem. At least I learned something from that one.

I think that's it.

Oh, tomorrow, I got back to work and I turn 28. :(

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment