January 27, 2005

I Made It...

On line to blog that is.

I got to chat with a few friends, check my mail, and try out that new version of picasa. It's not bad. I'm just not crazy about the new icon. The old one was better.

As for the rest of my day. I was behind in getting my stuff together for work. I did my washing last night, but I had no clue what I had or wanted to ware with a skirt I had already picked. Ended up washing out my black and purple shirt this morning before my shower, hoping that the odd fabric would dry in time. It kinda did, but I didn't have time to iron it. An over looked point.

My hair I did something a little different with today. I put a path to the side an at one point, I looked like I brought back the 80's cut afro. :) But it worked, and it's all I had.

Today I thought that I was suppose to go by the nurse's house to help her with her slide show. Heck, I said so in my blog last night. Then I realized that I forgot that I wasn't going to work for 2pm today. Today was 11am, tomorrow is 2pm. I think that I'm going with the same look tomorrow. Friday I'll change it.

Speaking of change, my sister isn't going to Nevis this weekend. She's going next weekend. Nika got and birthday party invite today for Saturday. So they are staying.

Well, when I left after having to look for my wallet, and burning a cd of free games for M at work, and to take E her CD-RW drive it was starting to rain, so I went back and got the small umbrella. I didn't really keep me all that dry. From Mid chest down I was getting wet, but it wasn't really raining that bad.

I think that I got to work about 15 past. The rain would be a nice excuse if was raining a bit more, but my body wouldn't have liked it. I'm coming down with a cold. Coughing ever so often, sore throat and a headache that bugs me every now and again.

My sleep was odd so I was more or less a wake since 9am and I didn't get breakfast, and had some water and to cold mints at work. Then around 7:50 after I got home I got something to eat. Yesterday's left over.

I tied up some loose ends. Called one department, wrote another one. St. J called and I sent him the pictures after I photo shopped one of them. He called me to ask me how to unzip them. I take it, this is his first zipped file. Then he called back to have me send them to another teacher. I guess he didn't know how to forward them either. The amount of classes that I'm going to end up doing this year if I get started.

I got to talk to the teacher that he wanted me to send them to since he had some stuff in his apps folder that he had to take out. copyright issues.

Refilled the printer like 3 times. Helped two teachers, about 5 students, found out that one movie we have, doesn't has sound, and the other computer had a busted head set. Tried to help out with the laptops, but couldn't really do anything. One was just dropping and picking up a signal every 30 seconds. The other one that I tried to defrag needed to have stuff moved to it's other hard drive. It was too full. It needed to be defraged but there wasn't enough room for it to defrag.

I helped a girl from FinAid print a banner in MS Publisher. That had a dumb solution. But I found it. I posted an announcement, and helped one of the teachers with two problems. I'll do part two of one of them tomorrow. But for most of the day I tried to work on my map of campus again. I'm starting to replace the buildings, and I was able to copy the information from excel to paint shop pro, by taking a screen shot, and cutting out the part I wanted. And I was reminded that I had to finish the printable version of St. J's slides for the students.

Ran into a little trouble with a computer that some one had disabled the nic card on. Go figure.

I saw AM, but we didn't talk, I as moving around a bit. I didn't really get to use my computer at the front desk. I did a really nice desk top set up the other night I was on there. I'll get you a screen shot.

Well I was just finishing up a building on my map when I get a call that equipment was on. That means I have to go turn it off. Two places. Down stairs and over in the auditorium. Ok, down stairs I can do, but not over there. I went and looked, but I haven't been shown how to do anything with the new equipment that went in. In fact, that was the first time I've even been over there since the demo last month.

Then I walked up the long road up the hill to street level. That was a nice hike. My thighs felt that one. Then I caught a bus home.

Not a bad day, got stuff down, yet felt like I had time on my hands. Tomorrow I'm going to be having a full day, and I wouldn't mind getting my hair washed. But I'll have to see about that one. The whole time crunch thing.

Well now my duty for the day is over, and as always I just remembered that I forgot to do something at work. I can still do it tomorrow.

Well, see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment