January 26, 2005

More Hard Labour

Once again we were out in the yard and we moved the rest of the pants. Then dug a path, then lied boarders. One I dropped on Jhodie's foot. It's ok, swelled a bit, but it's ok now. I put Nika down for a nap, then I had to save my souange tree. The name is half sour and half orange.

My sister wanted to kill the pant, but we've had it so long that I wanted to let it grow. So I planted it in the ditch that has been there for months and put the dirt from the hole over the roots and back into the ditch.

All the pants that were there have been relocated or sitting in water waiting for a planter to be placed in. We even made a rock edge to the start of the path and the two beds on either side. There was a fair amount of digging and raking and digging and raking. The souange tree also stabbed me in that back near the end of it all. It was when I was putting it in the hole and I was bending over to lower it down and one of it's huge thorns (and they are huge, 2 inches long) stuck me in the back. My sister saw blood. Then I had to get ready for town.

I was suppose to wake up Nika and take her with me to get her meds and some money so I can pay the bus to take me to and from work, but when I woke her up she didn't want to go. She was with us when we started gardening earlier. Every time we would look around she had a packet of seeding starting to open. She so wanted to pant something then and there. She gets to do that tomorrow when I'm at work.

Well I took my bath and took my dear time getting ready to go to town. I tried to smile more than I normally did when I went out by myself. I just felt like I should. Anyway, I got to town after 4pm, I started to get ready around minutes til 3am. Well I got to town and did what I was set out to do. I got money, I got meds for Nika, I got the money for Jhodie to pay the lights bill tomorrow. I even picked up a few things for us. "Potato Patties" were on sale as well as these packets of Indian trail mixes. I got one, and I'm not getting this kind again. I'm not up for the burn. But Nika and Verey and Jhoide ate more than me, and only one that kept on going is Verey. He ate more than everyone else did. I also got my sister those sesame seed candy.

When I got home Jhodie started dinner. It's to be dumplings and saltfish. And she was done is good time. But between me showing up with the tail mix and her making popcorn when I was crying for water and soda from the tail mix Nika was no longer hunger.

Nika sat in my lap as we went though the cds that I had from Jen from fixing her laptop two weeks ago. It turns out, they were old. Most don't understand or know about win2000. The others tried to run or install and failed, and one that I thought was a keeper, needed me to reduce my screen size down to 640xsomething and lower my colour depth to 264 before it would run, then it didn't work when we tried to go back in, and it flooded my printer with like 60 print jobs. It wanted you to print everything it showed you. I'm just going to have to buy some updated stuff for Nika. She likes Barbie to me and Jhodie's dismay. I don't like some things like Barbie that much, and Jhodie is so against most of that.

So now I have no software for Nika. She'll live. Ok..

It's 1:15am.

I've finished up the blog from yesterday that I started and saved as draft.
I've done this one blog for today.
Pearl is home. Nika is asleep. She woke up and came out to eat and we gave her some other meds to put her to sleep. We will have to get some more of that one next week.

Oh. This weekend, my sister and Nika are going to Nevis to stay with a friend. They are leaving on Friday afternoon, and they will be back Sunday afternoon. Jhodie has told Pearl for me that they will not be here, and I will not be looking after Verey, and I'm not shopping, even thought I get paid Friday. On Saturday I'll go get a different trail mix bag, and some cereal, and some juice.

Now I have to go wash my bra for work tomorrow. I'll be washing my hair out tomorrow before I go to work and I'm leaving the house like 2 hours early because the nurse sent me a letter. She's ready to have me put all her sides and music and such together as one nice slide show. I hope it goes well. She is so excited to see this happen. I half hope that it takes less than 2 hours. I would like to get it finished and have her be happy, but I don't want to be that early for work. :)

Well see ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment