September 15, 2005

My Day....

I'm still thinking of getting a phone, but it's going to come with a plan. I'm not going to call anyone on it, unless I really, really had too, and that is when I will use something called a phone card.

I don't really think that I need one either, but Jhodie said that there are times when I go town for stuff and she wants to tell me something else, but can't reach me. My phone won't be used that much I'm sure. But who knows. It may be something that I will think of using until I get it. :)

Today started out so well. I was up, more or less, for hours before work. I left the house 10 min before the start of my shift, and I got to work on time. I found out that not my hard drive is fine I just need a new mother board like I thought, and I'm getting a router for $70, and I found a flyer for a teacher that I thought I lost and was 3 behind in scanning for him.

But I wish it was enough to keep me on a high note for the rest of my day. But come one point in my day I was crabby and ready to snap someone's head off. First I had meeting with the housing lady over the finishing up of a site within our site that we started almost a year ago. She proceeded to point out to me all the outdated stuff that was found all over the site. A few made me feel bad for not having updated, while others where stuff that others needed to send me to get updated. It wasn't information that I had on hand, or affected me, that I knew it changed. Then she went on to say that this will be the best section of the whole website. This was going to be my best work. Does she know that I'm not just a webmaster, and that I'm not even certified yet?? She then gave me two and half days to turn 38 documents into a her perfect website for incoming students. I tried to explain it to her that I had to reformat everything she sent me because it doesn't keep when copied to the web making program, but she still didn't get up until she left and hour and half later.

So with that over my head, I was constantly interrupted and annoyed by everyone around, and it got worst when I got cold. It was only after almost everyone was gone, and I had gone and gotten warmed up a bit in the bathroom did I start to feel normal again. I tried to do as many of the documents that I could before I left work, but I only got 8 done this afternoon. I then stayed back for another 30 mins, to finish something from earlier that they just left for me to do. I think they thought that I was closing today. They left the screens behind for M to put up. I thought that they were going to do it themselves, but they left and they were left in their boxes. Poor M. I told her to ask Collin to help her since he was still here. I had to leave. I was on edge still and I was too cold to stay any longer. I'm so taking a coat with me to work tomorrow, and I'm sitting at the front desk when E leaves.

I didn't even realized that the hurricane was as strong as it was until it was said and done. I thought it was a 2 maybe. But I found out that it was a 5 until like 3 hours before it touched down on land. It was a 4 by that time. Tuesday they actually showed a body on tv. Up until now, they hadn't showed any dead people. Dr. Phil went down there to talk to the rescue people and he was walking by a chain fence and there on the ground was a black dead man. I think he was black, but he could have turned that colour from the water.

I watch it when it comes on, even though I might have seen it already. Last week and early this week I saw people just starting to turn on the gov. One person said that the new people had gone down the day before, stayed to report on it and were there the day after to show the aftermath, but the gov didn't show their faces for a week. And they are right, it's sad.

Well I have go now. It's after 1 am and Jhodie will be dragging me all over the place before my shift at 2pm.

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment